Ratings for Dr. C. James Chuong

The best fertility doctor in Houston, I promise! Don't be fool about the fancy offices with the others. My husband wanted a doctor that made us feel like we can ask questions. He allowed us to talk to him after each visit. I got 11 embryos from a mini IVF. He does what's cost effective for his patients with out cutting any corners in the process. The team is amazing. They make you feel comfortable and they are so personal.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

They are the best doctors with great customer service and very good prices I love them Thank you so much

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

Dr. Chuong clearly has been practicing long enough to be so knowledgeable and successful. He has the absolute best bedside manner out there. Antoinette the IVF coordinator is fabulous at what she does and so helpful and kind. The entire office staff is accommodating, considerate, knowledgeable and thorough. Though the process is a little complicated, they made it seem reasonably easy. We have gone through a total of 2 IVF cycles with 2 positive results! We plan to go in for our 3rd and final transfer soon. We lost our first pregnancy 5 months in, but our 2nd transfer produced a healthy bouncing baby boy and our wish is to give him a sibling in the near future. We recommend anyone seeking fertility treatment to put their full trust in Dr. Chuong and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

We have nothing but praise for Dr. Chuong and his staff. Dr. Chuong is a good doctor who makes you feel important. He has a calming disposition. Without facilities that Dr. Chuong works for, we wouldn't have a beautiful baby boy. They do good work for a reasonable price. Any small inconveniences we may have experience, were worth it, for the results we received.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

World class and most wonderful service. I appreciate very much Dr. Chuong's excellent and most dedicated services. He is very knowledgeable, skillful and really considers what the best for the patients. He is the most devoted physician I have ever had in my life. I am grateful to him and his entire team. My dream of building a family finally comes true after unsuccessful IVF treatment twice at two other facilities. I had to drive more than one hour one way to his office, but it was really worth it. Now my daughter is 1 and 1/2 year old, and I am going back to his office again to have my second baby. I highly recommended him to any family and friends without reservation.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I don't know if I can trust this place. There are some red flags when I first came to visit Dr. Chuong. His staff is friendly and professional, but Dr. Chuong, on the other hand, will keep us waiting for almost an hour just to talk for ten minutes. I don't understand why they double book patients and then make us wait so long to be seen. They only do ultrasounds in the morning, so sometimes it's very hard to get in to be seen at the appointed time. It is a small office, and everything looks kind of old fashioned. When you get your blood drawn, the workers there do NOT wear gloves unless you request them to. Is that normal practice? Because that just seems unsanitary. The ultrasound room is also disgustingly DIRTY. The machine looks really old, and it looks like they don't really clean it either. The probe itself is dirty, and I see that they just use an antiseptic spray to clean it.... I've worked in hospitals before, and that is not enough to clean all the germs. I took a closer look at the probe and it looks like there is dried blood in the cracks. So disgusting. Maybe other patients don't know better, but this is not good practice. Just from looking at the outside, I will NOT be coming back. I rather pay a little more money for a clean place.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Sorry I meant to write he was born on July 2015

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr.Choung is an excellent doctor he knows very well what he's doing he will explain every single step of the infertility treatment if you have any questions he will answer them over and over w all details ,me and my husband are very thankful to him and all his staff for been very caring and nice .he will always call me to make sure everything was ok w me and thanks too him now I have a beautiful boy that was born on July 2016 and my pregnancy was a success and Ian so beyond thankful to him

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

In 2009, I sought out The Cooper Institute for fertility treatment. Dr. Choung and his staff are knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Choung was very thorough in his explanation of the medical diagnostic assessments that I would need to have performed. He helped my husband and I understand fertility treatment options that would yield the best results for my fertility needs. In 2009, I was successful on the first IUI cycle. Dr. Choung monitored my progress to help my pregnancy thrive and remain viable. I had a beautiful, full-term daughter in March 2010. In 2014, I returned to Dr. Choung for fertility treatments. He assessed my fertility and determined that I would need a different treatment plan. My husband and I went through an IUI cycle in July 2014 and I became pregnant with twins. For each pregnancy, Dr. Choung and his staff celebrated the successful cycle and showed sincere happiness. I believe that he has a staff who gives patients what it needed throughout each stage of the fertility process. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Choung to any woman with a desire to become pregnant!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Excellent staff and compassionate til the end. Dr. Chuong is an excellent fertility doctor who made our dreams of having a family come true!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. C. James Chuong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Chuong was a full-time faculty in Reproductive Endocrinology/Infertility with University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas for 10 years. He started a private practice and established Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine focusing in Infertility and In Vitro Fertilization in 1997. Dr. Chuong, MD is the Medical Director of the practice. He loves to help infertility couples, using cutting edge, state- of- the art reproductive technology to have their dreams of building families come true.

• English
  • Chinese

• National Taiwan University (Grad. 1977)
  • University of California, Los Angeles (Grad. 1978)

• Female infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)

• American Fertility Society Prize Paper Award 1985