Ratings for Dr. C. James Chuong

I don't know if I can trust this place. There are some red flags when I first came to visit Dr. Chuong. His staff is friendly and professional, but Dr. Chuong, on the other hand, will keep us waiting for almost an hour just to talk for ten minutes. I don't understand why they double book patients and then make us wait so long to be seen. They only do ultrasounds in the morning, so sometimes it's very hard to get in to be seen at the appointed time. It is a small office, and everything looks kind of old fashioned. When you get your blood drawn, the workers there do NOT wear gloves unless you request them to. Is that normal practice? Because that just seems unsanitary. The ultrasound room is also disgustingly DIRTY. The machine looks really old, and it looks like they don't really clean it either. The probe itself is dirty, and I see that they just use an antiseptic spray to clean it.... I've worked in hospitals before, and that is not enough to clean all the germs. I took a closer look at the probe and it looks like there is dried blood in the cracks. So disgusting. Maybe other patients don't know better, but this is not good practice. Just from looking at the outside, I will NOT be coming back. I rather pay a little more money for a clean place.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Sorry I meant to write he was born on July 2015

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr.Choung is an excellent doctor he knows very well what he's doing he will explain every single step of the infertility treatment if you have any questions he will answer them over and over w all details ,me and my husband are very thankful to him and all his staff for been very caring and nice .he will always call me to make sure everything was ok w me and thanks too him now I have a beautiful boy that was born on July 2016 and my pregnancy was a success and Ian so beyond thankful to him

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

In 2009, I sought out The Cooper Institute for fertility treatment. Dr. Choung and his staff are knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Choung was very thorough in his explanation of the medical diagnostic assessments that I would need to have performed. He helped my husband and I understand fertility treatment options that would yield the best results for my fertility needs. In 2009, I was successful on the first IUI cycle. Dr. Choung monitored my progress to help my pregnancy thrive and remain viable. I had a beautiful, full-term daughter in March 2010. In 2014, I returned to Dr. Choung for fertility treatments. He assessed my fertility and determined that I would need a different treatment plan. My husband and I went through an IUI cycle in July 2014 and I became pregnant with twins. For each pregnancy, Dr. Choung and his staff celebrated the successful cycle and showed sincere happiness. I believe that he has a staff who gives patients what it needed throughout each stage of the fertility process. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Choung to any woman with a desire to become pregnant!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

My wife was 42 years old when we started an IVF cycle treatment at Cooper institute. In spite of we are in high risk candidate category, with amazing Dr., Chuong's technique and greatly support clinic staffs (especially Antoinette), our son was born on 5/27/2015 when my wife was at age of 43. We cannot express our appreciation enough to the Cooper Institute and feel so grateful and lucky that we have chosen a highly successful program. We are very sure that we will be back to Cooper for our second child. Thank you so much, Dr. Chuong and staffs,

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I want to thank Dr. Chuong and his office. After years of not knowing why I wasn't getting pregnant I made the scary decision to speak to a fertility doctor. I chose Dr. Chuong based on a recommendation from another patient. He quickly tested my husband and I and reviewed all options with my husband and me. He took the time to explain his recommendation and the odds of success. He asked a lot of questions about medical and family history. We decided to go with his recommendation and after one round of IVF we were blessed with a successful pregnancy. I am now 7 months pregnant with twin girls, at age 35. We couldn't be more thrilled with the results. Thank you to Antoinette - who was always very helpful in explaining every step of the process. And thank you to Dr. Chuong who personally called to check on me even through the Christmas holiday. Our family is SO excited to meet our little girls!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Chuong is the most competent and caring doctor I have ever met in my life. I cannot thank him enough. He is highly experienced and listed all my options during my initial visit. I had visited several clinics and was most impressed that he really put patients' best interest first. He is definitely not the kind of business doctor who only tries to sell patients the most expensive procedure. I can tell he takes care of each and every patient like his own family. The IVF Coordinator, Antoinette is excellent. She always works above and beyond what an office nurse is expected to do. I did not think I could get the same kind of medical and personal care anywhere else. My husband and I are grateful to Dr. Chuong and his superb staff. I will definitely recommend his office to any of my families and friends.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

we ve wased our money at this place. Dr James Chuong only tale cash or personal check. he charge 5% fee for credit card. we did 1 cycle of ivf with him. on the day of the transfer. we ve waited more than 1 hour in the wait room even with the appointment. it took him more than an hour to complete the tranfer and my wife was bleeding after the transfer. the IVF was unsuccessful. at the following up he recommended my wife to have endometriosis surgery but she just at that surgery 6 months ago. we went to get a second opinion and my wife have no endometriosis. we also found out that the transfer were not supposed to be more than an hour or you will have very small chance of success. Dr chuong seem to be nice but i dont think he is update with the latest technologies in his field. i would avoid this office.

Submitted February 26, 2015

I would have to say dr Choung and his staff are amazing without them I feel I would have never been blessed with my miracle baby! The staff became like family when it was time for me to get released to my regular Obgyn I was very hurt . Needless to say I recommend anyone who need help concieving to try this facility is awesome ! Will defitnely will be going back if I need the help for baby # 2!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. C. James Chuong's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I don't know if I can trust this place. There are some red flags when I first came to visit Dr. Chuong. His staff is friendly and professional, but Dr. Chuong, ..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Sorry I meant to write he was born on July 2015 "

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Choung is an excellent doctor he knows very well what he's doing he will explain every single step of the infertility treatment if you have any questions he..."

April 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In 2009, I sought out The Cooper Institute for fertility treatment. Dr. Choung and his staff are knowledgeable and compassionate. Dr. Choung was very thoroug..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent staff and compassionate til the end. Dr. Chuong is an excellent fertility doctor who made our dreams of having a family come true! "

August 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My wife was 42 years old when we started an IVF cycle treatment at Cooper institute. In spite of we are in high risk candidate category, with amazing Dr., Chuon..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I want to thank Dr. Chuong and his office. After years of not knowing why I wasn't getting pregnant I made the scary decision to speak to a fertility doctor. I ..."

June 9, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://cooperinstitutearm.com" to "http://www.cooperinstitutearm.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "77001" to "77074". Address has been updated from "None" to "7500 Beechnut Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17137719771".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chuong is the most competent and caring doctor I have ever met in my life. I cannot thank him enough. He is highly experienced and listed all my options dur..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "we ve wased our money at this place. Dr James Chuong only tale cash or personal check. he charge 5% fee for credit card. we did 1 cycle of ivf with him. on..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I would have to say dr Choung and his staff are amazing without them I feel I would have never been blessed with my miracle baby! The staff became like family w..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I NEVER leave comments but for something as important as fertility and a woman's desire to start a family, I will say this...DON'T EVER GO TO DR. CHUONG. RUN! ..."

November 1, 2014
  • First Name changed from "James" to "C. James"

March 5, 2013