Ratings for Dr. Jennifer Mifsud

I was recommended to Ms Mifsud for an opinion on a new hard bifocal contact lens I’d got from an optometrist in 2012. It seemed not as good as lenses I’d got elsewhere in 2001. I saw her with a 2001 lens in my left eye and the 2012 lens in my right eye to see what she thought. She started by asking me all sorts questions about the history of the lenses, which I wasn’t prepared for - which wouldn’t be asked with ordinary glasses. What was the difference? None was ever explained to me. So I just said they were 5 years old. After a long and apparently thorough examination she said she would get in touch with my previous optometrists - goodness knows why - and get back to me. It turned out that she seemed to have no real expertise with hard contact lenses at all - she couldn’t tell the difference between a 2001 lens that I’d worn thousands of times and a 2012 one I’d hardly worn. And she was arrogant about it, blaming me. She couldn’t have been more unhelpful.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2013