Ratings for Dr. Michael Lee

I went to him with dry skin on my face that was very itchy and causing me self esteem issues. After about 5 seconds looking at it I was told that I had a severe case of Psoriasis and that it was able to be cured with around 6 weeks of UV treatment that would not cost me any money as it was Govt subsidised. A dream come true after so long putting up with the conditions. Despite it being a pain for me to get to (around 30min drive each way) I went through the treatments and the condition hadn't changed that much. When I questioned why it wasn't showing any signs of improvement he told me that I would just need more treatments and to come back for another 6 weeks of treatment. This seemed odd given his original diagnosis. I stuck with it for another couple of weeks and then questioned again. I might also say that every time I went there for a treatment there always seemed to be a number of other people waiting for UV treatment. So upon questioning again I was given a prescription for a cream "which may help" and was instructed to only use it on one side of my face to test. The chemist instructed me that it was a simple tinea cream that didn't require a prescription to purchase. I felt terrible and nothing that was being provided as a solution seemed to be solving anything despite the promises. Dr Lee didn't seem willing to discuss or see my perspective for the condition and gave me false hope where an honest statement at the beginning would be preferred. I have since gotten a different opinion from another doctor who flat out told me it wasn't Psoriasis.. I am now disillusioned and am waiting for my next dermatologist appointment with someone else. Overall I would NOT recommend Dr Michael Lee as a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Lee is a friendly specialist who is extremely knowledgeable. HIs prescribed treatment was very effective. He was happy to answer all my questions.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

Extremely rude. Rushed me out in less than 5 min and continued to loudly discuss my condition in the reception area in front of staff and other patients whilst collecting papers for the next patient. Scolded me for asking questions, didn't really explain much, had to be prompted. His office also overlooks a park where the general public can see into. He didn't bother closing the curtain when examining me (I had to take my pants off). Considering you have to wait months for an appointment, and the guy makes $180 in 5min, he could show a little empathy and compassion. If he really hates his job so much he should just quit or take a holiday. Avoid at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Downright rude. I felt like I was an imposition, wasting his "valuable" time.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Visited Dr Lee twice, the first time he was certain I had Eczema & proscribed a steroid cream which made the problem worse, the second time he was certain it was psoriasis & wanted me to undertake UV treatment even though my symptoms of psoriasis are minimal. He dismissed the concerns I had about marks on my skin which did not resemble psoriasis. I'm not sure I have confidence in his diagnosis after following his instructions & I still have no change in symptoms after 9 months. A nice Dr but get another opinion also.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Rude, unprofessional and discourteous. Treated patient and family poorly.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Doctor was expensive, rude and unhelpful. Didn't want to explain anything, just wanted to get me out the door.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Michael is an Excellent Doctor who demonstrates a high level of care for his patients, explaining everything to you clearly and completing surgical work efficiently and confidently.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

A very good dermatologist who treated my re-occurring warts. He is very knowledgeable about what techniques work well to get rid of the ailments. He charges reasonably compared to a large number of other dermatologists. I would certainly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Dr Michael Lee is a fantastic dermatologist but unfortunately with time has lost his compassion for people's problems and maybe passion for what he does. He runs his practice like a business. Watches his clock at least 3 times during your 5 minute consultation where a repeat costs you $120, has to be prodded for answers - doesn't divulge information proactively; sometimes an average patient can be ignorant about something what he feels is very basic - and he is one of those delicate geniuses who doesn't like to be questioned about anything that he deems is wrong/silly/basic - SPECIALLY never question charges or money matters - the whole treatment completely regresses then!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014