Ratings for Dr. Brian S. Gurinsky

I chose Dr. Gurinsky because he was a block away from my office downtown (dumb way to choose a doctor, I know.) All initial appointments went fine, and I never waited more than a couple of minutes to see him (come to think of it, I never saw another patient in there). But the procedure for the gum tissue graft was a nightmarish experience. It was on a Friday afternoon, so he probably just wanted to go home. But you know how you first get that little q-tip with topical anesthetic before the shot? That little q-tip was only put on one place, but I got about 6 shots all over that part of my jaw, and I felt every one of those suckers, full force. THEN, because he was in a hurry, he waited about 60 seconds, picked up a scalpel, and sliced into my gum before I was numb! If you've never felt THAT, boy, you haven't lived! I gasped involuntarily, and my body reacted by starting to tremble uncontrollably. It was embarrassing, and I had no control over it, it was like a flight or flight thing from the pain. Anyway, he proceeded to rush his way through the rest of it, and he was abrupt and rude to his assistant. He kept moving her hands to where he wanted them, and at one point, he got pissed off and reached over and snatched something out her hand so he could do it himself. I numbed up quickly and didn't feel anything after that first cut, but when I got to my car about 30 minutes later, I looked in the mirror and was horrified to see blood spatters all over my face. Also, the tissue grafts didn't "take". Both of them failed or receded or came off at some point, so it's like I never had it done. To top that all off, I left my job 6 months later and then got a bill from the insurance company under which I'd been covered for the full amount of the procedure, almost $3,000. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Gurinsky to anyone!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I went to Dr Gurinsky for a "free" consultation. I was told the needed procedures could be done immediately but I would have to settle the entire bill before leaving. I waited in the dental chair for 45 minutes while they spoke with MetLife regarding charges. I was then given a net cost of $250 which I paid. A month later I received a bill for an additional $243. The only explanation given was that it was "an insurance issue". I checked with MetLife and they confirmed with me that nothing with my insurance would have affected my net charge. MetLife suggested that Dr. Gurinsky must have sent in a larger claim than what was described to them originally. I tried resolving the issue but Dr. Gurinsky soon stopped replying to my emails and simply sent the matter to a collection agency. To make matters worse, I have a bump on the roof of my mouth as a result of his work. Since it has been over 7 months since the procedure I doubt it will ever go away.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012