Ratings for Dr. Paul Lombardi

First, let me say that Tri-County Orthopedics did not ask me to submit this review. I simply believe that folks who provide excellent service deserve recognition. That said, I cannot say enough good things about my anterior bi-lateral hip replacement performed by Dr. Paul Lombardi and his assistant Oliver, his assistant Brenda, and the staff at Morristown Memorial Hospital. I was very apprehensive and somewhat nervous about having this surgery, but the pain in both hips left me no choice. So the surgery was performed on Tuesday April 24, 2018 at 4:00 pm with a spinal anesthetic. At 7:30 pm I woke up in recovery with no pain, was transferred to my room at 8:00 pm and soon walked the entire hallway with a walker. The next morning April 25 I woke up with some soreness but no pain, was visited by Dr. Lombardi, and walked with crutches to and from the joint replacement training center. Then at 10:00 am, when the physical therapist came, I walked again to the joint replacement training center with just a cane (for balance), went through the physical therapy tests (in and out of chair, up and down stairs, in and out of car seat) and was cleared for discharge from the hospital at 11:00 am - some 19 hours after my surgery! When I got home I could walk up and down railed stairs and all around with just a crutch for balance – some soreness, no pain. Used ice packs and did recommended exercises – very important. Took Celebrex and Acetaminophen - needed no narcotic pain killers. Today April 27 I can walk all around and up and down railed stairs without crutches, took a shower and feel great. Bottom line, Dr. Lombardi and Oliver did a spectacular job on me and Dr. Lombardi’s anterior (versus posterior) method of hip replacement is incredible in functionality, mobility and recovery. Likewise, Brenda, who assists Dr. Lombardi by scheduling the surgery and doing everything to process and prepare you for surgery, was remarkable. I must have called her 10 times with questions prior to surgery and she guided and supported me throughout the process. On a scale of 1 to 10, they get an 11. It could not have gone better so I highly recommend Dr. Lombardi and his team. My sincere thanks to all!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Initial visit waited for Dr. Lombardi after being highly recommended. I liked him and after reading reports/tests form other doctors. He felt the problem was in my hip. He sent me to have a cortisone shot and requested that I call him once week later after the shot to see how it work and how to proceed. For over a week, I left message for Dr. Lomabardi either with the staff member or answering machine (during business hours) to say the shot in,u worked for a few days and was in incredible pain, I desperately wanted to discuss the next course of action and asked if he could prescribed something for the pain, mostly for night to sleep, No call back, when asked to speak to an office manager or nurse practitioner was told nine was available. OVER a week lamented from my follow up call that the doctor reputed I do. I got a call from a woman whose name I think was Courtney who said Dr. Lombardi has been busy and there is nothing he could prescribed for the pain..... nothing about the follow up to the shot and the next course of action, nothing about WHEN the doctor would contact me so I to,d her p,see give Dr. Lombardi a message that his services were no longer needed, She basically started laughing....... terrible doctor follow up and office staff. What a shame, came highly recommended and hoped he would solve my problem but I would not recommend Dr. Lombardi to anybody.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

Full knee replacement. Six weeks out walking, riding a bike as part of therapy and almost no pain. Could not be happier with result.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Initial vist for diagnosis was 1.5 hour wait. Scheduled repair at outpatient surgicenter in Denville, which looks somewhat old/decrepit by today's standards, for 8:00 a.m. arrival for expected surgery at 9:00 and release by 11:00. Informed after being brought down that a schedule mix-up had the doctor arriving at 10:00 (!!!!), and surgery would be at 1:00 p.m. earliest. It was clear that the staff had no idea where Dr. Lombardi was and exactly what time he would be arriving (terrible communication between staff and Dr.). Had actually been brought down for prep (again, indication that they didn't know where Dr. was), and met woman waiting for her son who had gone in at 6:00 a.m. Now, at 8:30, she was told for the first time that the Dr. was MIA, all the while, she believing that he was having his procedure done. Now, the earliest he would be seen was 10:30 (4.5 hours later). Inexcusable. I left, found another excellent surgeon. There are just too many capable, responsible, considerate orthopedists to have to deal with this amateurish behavior.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

He's not only very good looking, he's a marvelous doctor and everyone I spoke with was great. I recommend Dr. Lombardi highly, he's very good at what he does.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

After waiting 2.5 hours, Dr Lombardi arrived as if trumpets should be blaring for a king was entering the room. No apology nor was he helpful in diagnosing a hip problem. The office had all the warmth of a factory.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

Dr. Lombardi diagnosed me..didn't rush me..and when I was ready, performed Hip Replacement surgery (left hip) in early May. I had no problems, no complications, no pain..and an easy, uneventful recovery and succesful follow up! I feel like a new person! On a 1-5 scale, I rate Dr. Lombardi a "10" and very highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

it's been six weeks since i had both my knees replaced by Dr. Lombardi. I couldn't be happier!! I have lived with this pain for two years. Dr. Lombardi was extremely knowledgeable, caring and thorough. He took the time to answer all my questions and educated me about my problem. I finally have my life back!! Wish i had them replaced sooner

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Firstly, the policy of calling in for meds. is unprofessional. I saw Dr. Lombardi to have hip replacement. Since I walked with a limp my right knee was hurting. I told him about this pain after agreeing to have the replacement. He came at me with a VERY large injection and put it directly in the joint of my knee. I asked if he also gave me novacaine with the cortisone and he nodded yes. I asked this since I was experiencing major pain in my knee after shot.Since that day I am unable to walk. HE CRIPPLED ME! I called his asst Jeanette for pain med. and was told she will call it in. Their policy for scripts is to call all scripts in at 3:00 PM. I had to wait all day for my pain meds. To make things worse, he went on vacation right after he crippled me. I insisted on seeing another Dr. in that office, was sent for an MRI and have a contusion in the bone he shot up. I have had many cortisone shots in my knee. NEVER with such a large needle and directly in the bone.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

Dr. Paul Lombardi's Credentials

• Spanish

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ