Ratings for Dr. Brian B. Jagirdar

In the begining of February, I went to the Vineland Dental Arts on State St to get a few teeth pulled and for them to make me a partial denture. I went there as a new patient, and had a bad experience that I would like to share. The first visit with the examination and x-rays went well, and I was comfortable with going through with the rest of the work that I was in need of receiving. I asked the front desk what it would cost me to get the work done with my insurance, and they provided me with pricing, which I found out later would not be accurate. I had unknowingly used up my entire benefits of $1200 on the first visit, which should had not have happened according to the prices the woman in billing gave me. After I went for my second visit of treatment, I was told I had to pay full price out of pocket for the services I had received. The employee who works the billing part of the business told me that they were notified earlier in the day that my benefits were reached, but failed to tell me before I had gone in to get the rest of the work done. She apologized for the situation and offered me the lowest rate that they could charge, which I agreed to. The third trip to the Vineland Dental Arts for me was to get fitted for a mold so they could make my partial denture. The visit went well, and Dr Jagirdar assured me he would get a rush order on my mold, due to the fact that I work with the public and I told him I was uncomfortable without a good amount of my teeth. He told me he would receive them in no more than 9 days. I went in there the day before i was to receive the partial, hoping they got them in early. I spoke to the woman who runs the billing part of the business, and she told me that there was a problem with the lab who makes the molds. She told me that I would have to wait 2 weeks more because they use a CHINESE company and that this CHINESE company was celebrating the Chinese New Year and are not able to make the mold available until the beginning of March. She asked me if I wanted to reschedule my appointment. I couldn't believe what she had told me and I declined the rescheduling, and explained to her that I needed the services to be completed and I wasn't happy with the services and especially the lack of communication on their part. I asked her for a refund of my $300, which was the first installment on the completion of my partial denture. The next day I went to AFFORDABLE DETURES on Landis Ave, and was more than happy to find out that they offered the same services and that I could get my mold for the teeth as well as the partial denture in the same day due to the fact that they had a lab on premises. I scheduled an appointment and had gotten everything that I was told and I was very, very happy with the entire experience with AFFORDABLE DENTURES on Landis Ave. Finally I have called the Vineland Dental Arts regarding my refund. I was told by the woman in billing, that they would give me a refund minus a "small lab" fee. Since she told me the lab took off for the holiday, I wasn't too happy with having to pay a fee.. But I was eager to get this experience over and done with. So after a few calls over the span of a couple of weeks, I was told that my refund was available to be picked up via check. I went down there on March 16th hoping that this "small lab" fee wasn't going to be an issue. I picked up the check and it was for $175. The "small lab" fee was almost half of my refund. Needless to say that was the 3rd strike. I don't normally leave negative comments about businesses, but they provided me with more than enough reasons leave a bad taste in my mouth. I would not recommend the Vineland Dental Arts to anyone looking for a partial or full set of dentures. They failed to provide me with correct information regarding pricing and then failed to deliver my mold on agreed upon date. Dr Jagirdar then took $125 out of a possible $300 for a small fee from my refund. I called the woman in billing and told her to let Dr Jagirdar that I wan not happy with the "small fee". Dr Jagirdar is impossible to reach on the phone and in the office, and he also doesn't have a voicemail to be reached. I was glad to say that this experience was just about over. Please get your pricing in writing before you have your services with Dr Jagirdar and the rest of his staff. I hope that this experience helps people who are looking to get dental work done. Sincerely Frank L.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

One of the best in the area, great staff and a very clean office. I have been going to him for years.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011