Ratings for Dr. Stephen W. Houghtaling

My whole family adores Dr. Houghtaling. We went to another dentist in town when we first moved to Astoria in 2008, and he was shockingly mercenary--you had to pay before he would work on you--no financing--and he'd try to sell you on more expensive fillings, etc. Dr. H is a humanitarian. You can pay off what your insurance doesn't cover and his staff is wonderful and helpful. The doctor is a delight; he's funny, kind, fair-minded. And he does beautiful work. I have to go to Portland to see a general practitioner I like as much as I like this dentist.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

He's smart, efficient, fair, and he's got a nice sense of humor. They also let you finance if you need to. We went to another dentist in town who makes you pay before he'll touch you. Dr.H. cares about patients and he does beautiful work. His staff is also great and helpful, and they all like him and each other. You can tell. And they will give ANYONE a balloon.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2010

Everyone was AMAZING! Clean, friendly, and honest.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009