Ratings for Dr. Gerald M. Kirshbaum

The hygienists are very nice, but the Dr. is extremely impatient and rough with children and seems to be more concerned about rushing through the appointment than whether or not the child is getting through what is usually a very tough experience. I would not recommend this Dentist for children.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Horrible service!!!! Do not take your kids there, the staff (Mojgan Bral) and (Mona Khalighi) needless to say are very unprofessional and courteous only when you do what they ask you to do to your kid. My experience with this facility was very bad since the only option given to me was to completely sedate my daughter, I felt nervous and full of doubt that I decided to cancel the appointment. The facility charge me for the procedure and Mona told me that I wouldn't be getting refunded simply because I decided to cancel my appointment on the same day of procedure which is untrue. I Luckily I had a voice-mail from her saved in my cell phone to prove that she had actually called me the day before to find out on the reasons behind my cancellation, but she told me it didn't matter. Never again will I take my kid there, she has Dr. Dove now which is GREAT!!!!. I wish them well and hopefully they can use the money they took from a single mother to take a training in Customer Service.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

I brought my child in yesterday with my sisters kids and this dr is wonderful. My child is autistic and he can't have any work done unless he goes under anthesia, they provide that in office. The care is fantastic here , your dealing with the best of all dentists!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

i was recommended by my orthodontist , and he is a wonderful man. Very kind staff with a home environment . very sweet people not out there to make money on you like some other places you go to. would definitely recommend for your child!! they have other dentist working in the office too for adults made an appt. to get a cleaning with them. Also one of the rare places that does anthesia in the office and take MEDICAL

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I am not sure what everyone is talking about, I like this doctor, he was gentle with both my sons. I had another dentist tell me my son had 3 cavaties Dr. Kirshbaum reviewed the X rays with me and showed me the other guy was a total scam. The staff has gone above and beyond keeping my kids with them even though my insurance was no longer excepted, and I can tell they dont tell me lies about my kids teeth just to make a buck!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

very unprofessional the staff called two days before scheduled appt and then again the day before to confirm my appt. when i show up the all the staff didnt show up until 20 minutes after scheduled time. not to mention they didnt even bother to apologize. During the whole procedure I could hear loud laughter while my daughter was in the back getting treatment. Then while Im waiting for my daughter to come out of anesthesia everybody was laughing and sharing comical web pages instead of monitoring my daughter who was still unconscious.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

I can't believe this guy is still in business. I though he would've been shut down by now. He extracted 4 teeth from my daughter without my permission, and didn't allow me to go the back during a check up. Shoud've sued! He's lucky I didn't!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr. Gerald M. Kirshbaum's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kirshbaum received his A.B. in Zoology and a Masters degree in Physiology at USC. He attended Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, and received his D.D.S. Degree in 1963. He began full time teaching at USC in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry and started his private practice in Encino. He was on the part-time faculty as a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatric Dentistry. He received his speciality training in pediatric dentistry at USC and was co-chairman of the department of pediatric dentistry. As a clinical assistant professor he taught in both graduate and undergraduate areas of pediatric dentistry for 15 years. As a pediatric dentist, Dr. Kirshbaum has lectured extensively in the U.S, as well as in Mexico, Hawaii, Japan, Yugoslavia. He has been active in the San Fernando Valley Dental Society, as well as past president of the Southern California unit of the American Society of Dentistry for children. He is one of few pediatric dentists that is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. His wife is a practicing clinical psychologist and they have raised four children. Dr. Kirshbaum was formerly on the staff of Granada Hills hospital, Northridge Hospital and West Valley Community Hospital. Presently he specializes in dental treatment using in office sedation with skilled and trained anesthesiologist. He is a member of the American Dental Association, The Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Society of Dentistry for Children, and the California Society of Pediatric Dentists.

• English