Ratings for Dr. James Brown

Dr.Brown is an excellent Dr. I would recommend to anyone.He is calm and reassuring in manner and very knowledgeable. His bedside manner is caring but he is very to the point and that may be why some reviwers were dissatisfied with it.You wont be coddled ,just no-nonsense grat care.After two >3lb babies ,under his care I finally carried tobterm and got to bring my baby home when I went home.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2014

he does hav a horrible bedside manner but he did great with my cesection but he is very friendly

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Dr. Brown is extremely knowledgable and I never feel rushed. He delivered my second child and was very calm and competent despite complications. Love his nurses, too.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

Dr. Brown is all business which I liked. But after many problems after a surgery, I wound up going to another recomended Doctor. This new doctor put me on a higher dose of meds that Dr. Brown was hesitant to even increase from a low dose and wanted me to stop. And did blood work that Dr. Brown never did. My proplems are gone thanks to a second opinion.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

flag | Submitted June 4, 2008

Dr. Brown is wonderful. He has done 2 surgeries on me and I recovered quickly without an issue. After I had a miscarriage, Dr. Brown came up with a plan for the next time I got pregnant and put me at ease through the emotional time. The practice and the other staff are great too. They have a quick response/call back time and always called after each surgery to find out how I am doing. I honestly don't know how anyone could have a bad experience with them.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

He has the worst bedside manner. This practice is a joke! I'm changing to a doctor who has compassion and social skills!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2008

Dr. Brown has performed two surgeries on me. I have always had wonderful experiences with him. He will take the time to explain everything and is compassionate. I had no problems with my surgeries and recovered quickly. I have been his patient for over ten years and find him to be an excellent doctor, knowledgeable and very caring. I can't understand the other negative comments as I have never had any negative experiences with him in all this time as his patient.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2007

I had an emergency Csection, and Dr. Brown was terrific. Never made me feel nervous or scared. Since my baby was born, I've had an abnormal pap, a colposcopy, and follow up paps - Dr. Brown has been absolutely tremendous. Great with information, explanations, etc. Very personable. He's also seen me in his other office when I was pressed for time (location close to my office) and I am grateful for that.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

This practice is a joke! Your average wait time is 45 minutes for a 3 minute visit with the doctor. I was never asked about my diet or exercise, or prescribed prenatal vitamins, and EVERY problem presented to the doctor was completely ignored. I wouldn't send my dog back to this place. Try Weinstein's practice in Liverpool instead...they are much better.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2007

Dr. James Brown's Credentials

• Hebrew

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Hospitals in Atlantic, IA