Ratings for Dr. Nina K. Smith

I have used Dr. Smith for at least 5-6 years. She has always shown care and compassion and genuinely cares about her patients. I know there is one office staff member who may have a little edgy personality but as you speak to this person usually softens up and is no worse than other medical office staff I have dealt with at other offices. Her nurse has been there a long time and is always pleasant and professional. I love animals but understand the adversity to some that their presence may cause in a medical office particularly for patients who have allergies. Dr. Smith will not hesitate to help you even when you think you have a GYN issue and it turns out to be something else. I have been in this situation and she still examined me and tried to help me resolve my problem instead of just sending me on my way to another specialist.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I went to the same OBGYN for over 20 years until she retired and I was forced to find someone new. I have been very happy with Dr. Smith. I think she has a great bedside manner and truly cares about her patients. I sent my new daughter in law to her who also loved her.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I had been going to her for the past 3 meyears and had never had a problem, however this time I had saod that I wanted to change birth controls and she completely shut me down. There was no discussion, she simply told me that's not what I wanted, as if she knew best and my opinion didn't matter. Also when were dicussing personal life I had mentioned that I was getting married in the next month, and my husband now and O were discussing having children within the next year. She made me feel stupid for.even.thinking about it because I hadn't graduated from college. Also I love dogs, but running around the office and in exam rooms is NOT the place for them!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

They do openly talk about patients conditions and one of the secretaries has an attitude. Besides that one secretary, I like the rest of them. But Nina forgot to order my birth control and I'm now a week late on it and we had to order it ourselves... Thankfully I'm not sexually active at the moment or that would be a huge problem.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

The staff all have a terrible attitude problem. Everything I've read about this place on here is true. Being ridiculously late for appointments and the staff cruel to patients. They DO openly discuss other patients medical problems, which I'm fairly certain is illegal. I'd hate to think what they blabbed about me when I wasn't around. Nina is a good doctor, but her staff are holding her back. One of them I know for a fact is her relative; she won't be firing her. I'll be finding a different doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

Dr. Smith is by far the best gynecologist I've ever had! She goes above and beyond to make patients feel comfortable: i remember at my first appointment I was nervous b/c these appointments are always a little awkward and she sat down with me for at least 25 minutes learning about me personally, in addition to basic medical questions. She didn't seem rushed, and she made me feel like she really cared about me. This has continued throughout my time as a patient (about 3 years). As someone in my early 30's, I interpret her manner as a very knowledgeable, motherly care and concern that I find very comforting. Her staff is excellent too - I was having difficulty with a prescription (VERY frustrating, it was my insurance's fault, not theirs) and while they didnt have the ability to entirely fix the issue, they went above and beyond to help me work around the problem. I highly recommend Dr. Smith!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

I went to her for what we both thought was one problem, but turned out to be another, far more serious one not in her specialty. She was the one who sent me for further tests and explained the results to me, then referred me to a wonderful surgeon for what turned out to be a series of surgeries. She was very helpful and thorough and explained everything without talking down to me (I'm a nurse, so I speak medicalese!). She even called me at home to find out how I was doing after my last surgery. I will definitely be going back for checkups.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

First visit was great! The rest were a complete nightmare! Starting with the staff - they have an attitude on the phone and in person and are very incompetent (the nurses are ok). The doctor doesn't know who to write a prescription!!! Her mistake cost me $170 out of pocket for 9 months worth of birth control that I DID NOT WANT!!! She wrote the prescription for the WRONG thing! We'll see if they are professional enough to at least reinburse me. all the visits (except for the first one) were pretty painful. It seems to have something to do with the Dr.'s mood. I will NEVER return there again!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Smith has a terrible bedside manner and was not helpful in answering my questions about birth control. Her staff is cruel and incompetent: they are rude on the phone, openly discuss other patients' issues, and constantly got my files mixed up with other patients.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Love her. My first visit I was really nervous because I had never had regular PAPs before this, she took the time to come in and talk to me before I had to strip and put on the gown. When discussing birth control options she took the time to concider what would be best for me and after trying several differnt pills suggested that I get the IUD. They are always very nice and friendly there.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Dr. Nina K. Smith's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Top Hospitals in Harrisonburg, VA