Ratings for Dr. N. Earle Pickens

i have been to see Dr. e Pickens twice. he has a wonderful bedside manner. he reminds me of the old time family doctor that you have been to your hole life. you can tell that he cares for his patients and is very thuro. he is not like other doctors that overly prescribe meds. he would like your body to heal from the inside out naturally. i will keep coming back again and again.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I see him twice yearly, or more if need be. Wouldn't trust any other physician than him. His staff is wonderful as well. All in all, best doctors office in North Central Florida.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr. Pickens truly does care about his patients. He wants to know about them and their families (though he often talks over you when you try to answer his questions). And, he is quick to tell patients that pain never killed anybody, which makes an impending surgical patient worry that he isn't too concerned about addressing post-op pain. Though he does care, it's time for him to retire. Many of his decisions and techniques are too-often questioned by other doctors.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Pickens is kind, knowledgeable, skilled, loveable, and compassionate. I sometimes have to wait when we have an appointment, but I don't mind because he's being considerate to other patients, taking time to listen, as he does with me. He's also a get-in-done guy, no dilly-dallying, and because the medical community has such respect for him, he can influence other services to move quickly as well. I also appreciate that he is truthful about potential consequences and at the same time hopeful. I know I'm I'm the best possible hands.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

Inserted mesh when none was needed. Very poor information after surgery and was pushed out of hospital. I have suffered with pain from balled up mesh for over 5 years. I have seen 5 other surgeons and all were shocked that Dr Pickens used mesh and even did the surgery. They felt it was unnecessary or would require a few stitches only. Now, I have mesh that is too balled up and embedded to remove safely.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Pickens is the BEST!!! Caring, sensitive,talented. Makes you feel so comfortable. Always makes me feel special even when I meet him in the hall at the hospital.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Everyone is wonderful, caring, honest, treated me with warmth and respect. Dr. Pickens is direct and yet sensitive. I'd trust him with my life. I AM trusting him with my life.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

I have not used this doctor in a while, and wasn't aware of this service when we did use him. I just want to say I have never met another doctor that I felt so comfortable with. It is very easy to trust him with your life. Love is a very good word for this doctor. He has operated on others in my family and many friends and I have never seen anyone that didn't think the world of him.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2009

dR pICKENS IS THE BEST...HE HAS DON SURGERY FOR SISTER 3 TIMES, ME ONCE AND NOW MY MOTHER...WOULDN'T GO TO ANYONE ELSE!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

I love Dr. Pickens too! Knowledgeable, willing to talk to you, and a good surgeon. Ask him about the Cyrkle and the song Red Rubber Ball, as well as his time with the Beatles!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Dr. N. Earle Pickens's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1969)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal