Ratings for Dr. Louise Karger

Dr. Karger lost my records...my medical history. Didn't seem to be nearly as concerned as I was. As a matter of fact, I do not believe that she was concerned at all. Needless to say, I would not recommend her for that reason alone. Another reason: too aloof. Likes to talk about what going on in her life.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

I do not recommend this doctor. She has the most bizarre appointment making policies I have ever experienced from a doctor. They only answer their phones at specific times during the week, and the times are different. If you have a serious condition and she is your doctor you would be better off going to the emergency room because it is likely you will not be able to contact her. They don’t take messages either. It is a kind of craziness to have a policy to not answer the phone during regular business hours. THEY ARE A DOCTOR’S OFFICE. I don’t trust a person who runs her office this way. This is a very inconvenient and unprofessional practice. She is ok to talk to if you don’t have an emergency and if you are able to contact the office—but good luck getting through.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2009

Not easy to reach during business hours, looks things up in a book in front of you, not knowledgeable enough to help with issue - I learned significantly more reliable data on the internet.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. Karger has been very helpful to both me and my family over the years. Several of us see her. She is very knowledgeable and is an excellent listener. She always addresses our main concerns as well as looking into preventive health in terms of what screening tests we should have.And most of all she really cares!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2009

Dr. Karger was recommended by a doctor I had used for years and really liked, but who was not a part of my new insurance plan. At my first appointment, she sat down and reviewed my medical history with me and even explained some things that my previous Dr. did not. Since then I have found her professional and accurate in her diagnosis. She spends as long as she needs to spend to understand my symptoms and has sent me to some excellent specialists when I needed them. She personally "interviews" specialists before sending people to them. She is also friendly and personable--which is unusual in these days of mega-practices and 5 minute appointments.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Paniced and reacted inappropriately in an emergency, said "I can't handle this" Police office responding said but "You're the doctor"

flag | Submitted April 25, 2008

Dr. Karger is the kind of doctor everyone deserves to have. She explained my condition in detail and offered to share additional research studies. I have never had to wait for an appointment for more than 10 minutes.She does not even have nurses, but instead does the complete checkup herself asking questions about what is bothering me throughout the exam. She is the doctor for both me and my husband and we will keep her as long as she will have us.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

I am a health care professional myself (RN), and have been a patient of Dr. Karger for 8 years. She is extremely knowleable, always keeping up with the latest research. I find her to be good-humored and warm/caring. I have multiple chronic health conditions which she has done an excellent job of monitoring over the years (after having referred to specialists for consultation, etc.). I have not experienced the problem mentioned above in terms of test result follow-up. That is, if there is a reason to call... Note that it is standard at most primary care offices NOT to call with test results if they are normal--especially with routine bloodwork--so perhaps that is what was experienced. If "no news is good news" makes you uncomfortable/you want reassurance that everything is normal, you could always request a follow-up call at the time of your visit or simply call and check your results. I agree with the first reviewer that her admin. person can be abrupt.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2007

She is a very knowledgeable doctor, easy to talk to. Administrative asst is not very pleasant at times, can be abrupt. Overall, experience has been good. Was very helpful with pinpointing an asthma diagnosis and discussing different treatments. Provided outstanding referral for other MDs in the area for specialty appts.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2007

Generally speaking, she is has a very pleasant manner and is quite knowledgable. If you like to be involved in your treatment, she has a very consultative attitude. Could be an excellent doctor, but for her poor follow-up on test results. I have recently had two episodes where I have not received a follow-up call regarding test results for weeks at a time. You will have to call in consistently to get your results and you may at best speak with her office administrator. If you are a healthy individual who enjoys a consultive doctor, she is great. However, I'd be nervous dealing with her office if you need someone to be responsive and to act with urgency.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2007

Dr. Louise Karger's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ