Ratings for Dr. Gloria B. Pipkin

I have been going to see dr. Pipkin for almost 20 years and find her and her staff to be very professional would not ever think of going anyplace else I would highly recommend them to my family and my friends

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

We did not have a good experience with this Dentist. My wife visited this Dentist for a toothache, and after $150 for the repair it was not done properly. She had to go again and was charged a second time for the same repair, and still no improvement. After the third visit without change we decided to consult another Dentist who told us that the filling had been done wrong, and had to remove it to put in another. She also slipped while working on my wife's teeth and poked her in the gum with one of her instruments, no apology was offered, and she seemed to find it funny even though my wife's gum was swollen and sore for almost a week. The staff and the Doctor are friendly but unprofessional, and gossiped during my wife's procedures. I do not recommend them for any service other than a cleaning. Our time at her office was a waste of money, and we wish we had found the other Doctor first and not her.

Submitted December 27, 2009

Unethical- beware! I went to Dr. Pipkin complaining of a toothache. Her staff were very rude. I went to her a total of 4 times, received x-rays she insisted on 3 times, and twice were panoramic ones. She said I had 2 cavities that needed filling, a tooth that needed to be pulled and a bridge put in, and she said I needed to wear this special mouthguard at night and take muscle relaxers cause she said I had TMJ. Well, her staff supposedly misplaced my mouthguard and I never received it but I had to pay for it, and after $1,000 in visits, x-rays, and prescription I didn't feel any better, and I went to another dentist cause the muscle relaxers made me so tired I wanted a 2nd opinion. Turns out the 2 cavities I supposedly had DIDN'T exist, I DON'T have TMJ, I DON'T need a bridge, and she refused to release my record or x-rays upon request. I did have a tooth that needed a root canal which was causing the pain, and she hadn't said there was any problem with that tooth. Now, no pain!

Submitted September 13, 2008