Ratings for Dr. Mark S. Laska

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE,TERRIBLE STAFF. DO NOT GO AND TO THIS OFFICE.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

They take advantage of people and instead of giving you the options (telling you what your cheapest option is, then try to "sell" you the higher cost options) they only give you the highest cost option and act like it is the only price. I still need work done on my teeth but I am going elsewhere because I can't stand the fact that they lie to their patients to try to get more money!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Pros: Good staff, good work (so far) Cons: You must check your co-pays, I was overcharged by about $200 when they've already billed the company. I let them know and they credited my account. Also, each dentist seems to be working on multiple patients at a time, so a procedure that should take less than 30 minutes takes more than 1.5 hours. They should really stop scheduling patients for the same dentist and time slot. Also, he claims to be the dentist for the LA Clippers. When I was having a crown seated, it looked like someone from the team walked in to get some work done, and my dentist stopped what she was doing to attend to the player. So check your co-pays and allow extra time.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

No co-payment on my part. Good work but a little more expensive than the rest.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Make sure you check your co-payments with your insurer. These guys over-charge for co-payments knowing that the average customer will not check with their insurer. After I checked with my insurer about the co-payment charges and found them to be incorrect....I called them on it and they flat out lied about it. My insurer called them on my behalf and I got a refund. Getting my money back was like pulling teeth (pun intended). But, these guys do excellent work and are very knowledgable......but, they shouldn't take advantage of their clients by overcharging.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dentists' work is good. Despite this, my experience was very negative. Every single item on the treatment plan was either the most expensive option (without telling me that there are other options and even denying it after my inquiries) or simply wrong. Co-payments (which in an HMO is extra cash into the dentist's pocket) were were quoted to high. Only after numerous calls with my insurance could I straighten out the finances. I ended up paying $400 vs $1400. My efforts though earned me an attitude from the administrator who does the finances and no "sorry" as you would expect in case of a mistake. I had to assume deliberate misinformation with regards to the form of treatment as well - this is why I chose to change dentist's. This was very disappointing in view of the special relationship between health care provider and patient and the vulnerability of the patient. 2 month later my insurance notifies me that Laska's office reported duplicate service ("no payment can be made").

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009