Ratings for Dr. Antonio Di Ieva

I had a huge right angle meningioma removed last May 2013 at St Michael's Hospital in Toronto. The tumour was sitting on my brain stem and near my inner ear. Gamma knife and radiation therapy were no options for me, but I was in the hands of the most knowledgeable, capable, caring, passionate about their profession and humbled neurosurgeons. After almost 14 hr. of surgery, Dr. Michael Cusimano assisted by Dr. Antonio Di Ieva and Dr. Jennifer Anderson gave me my life back. I did not mind traveling from Windsor several times. I was made to feel that I was the only patient who mattered, yet I knew they had so many other patients. These doctors made a great team!!! After 1 week I was back in Windsor with no complications, only a couple of weeks of physiotherapy. Dr. Di Ieva ( he liked to be called Dr. Antonio) is so young but so knowledgeable. I wish him a long, happy and successful profession in neurosurgery, and hopefully still in Toronto!!!! Loreta G.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2014

Dr. Antonio Di Ieva is the youngest and best neurosurgeon never seen. He performed with Dr. Michael Cusimano a resection of a skull base tumor on my father. The operation lasted 15 hours and at the end of the longest day of our life they came to us and their smile reassured us. My father is alive and "with no neurological deficit", as he was used to say with his sweet Italian accent. He's a gift to Canada. May God bless him!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013