Ratings for Dr. Jacob Boxer

I was his patient over 4 years ago. I left to see another Doctor and was immediately diagnosed with thyroid and diabetes. My diabetes blood sugar was 17 and I am a senior. If there was a negative I would give it to him. He is a bumbling buffoon and I am lucky to be seeing another Doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I saw this doctor last May and thought that our meeting was OK. I chose to stick with the doctor that I basically was given as my doctor had decided to move away from the city. It was much easier just to stay in the same office or so I've thought. I decided again to try and see if this doctor could/would be interested in taking me on as a patient. I waited in the waiting area for 40 minutes @ which time I went to ask the lady @ the desk if it was going to be much longer? She said "Are you here for the walk-in clinic" & I said "no, I had an appoitment @ 4 o'clock"! Then I got the usual "it shouldn't be too much longer". I went into the room and Dr. Boxer came in 5 minutes later. He asked me why I was there so I started to tell him and presented him with a brief summary of what is happening with me. He looked up my file and said that I saw another Dr. last year who had put in a referral for the Pain Clinic and basically did not seem interested in me at all! He then said after 5 minutes "I'm not sure what I can do for you as you have alot of things going on", then he said "well I have to go as I have other patients waiting"! Needless to say, I will definitely not be going back. I guess you need to be a 40 year patient in order for this doctor to care. Bad experience.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

My husband and I have been his patients for over 40 years. He is very good at sending you for tests to confirm or eliminate problems. He is excellent at diagnosing problems. He speaks directly to the problem and welcomes questions. He has had staff problems in the past but what business doesn't. His new receptionist is very good. I would recommend him to anyone and have. They too have found him to be a very very good Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Very nice doctor who takes his time with you and doesn't rush you out of his office. His waiting room needs brightening up with lights and paint.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013