Ratings for Dr. Peter Charles Maier

After waiting over 2 hours (not his fault) I was happy to hear that I don't have kidney stones that I thought I had, but it is a muscle pain and suggested 222. I hope he is right. I was soo happy!! He was very nice, personable, I guess maybe because I was also polite ?S.N.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I went to Bracebridge hospital ER this morning. The clinic said online that it was open today but it wasnt. Dr Peter C Maier came in. I said i had a bad cough and a head cold. He asked if I was a smoker and I said Yes. He said thats bad for you, why dont you quit. When i didnt really answer he said why do you do it if its bad for you. I said it was a bad habit. He didnt like my answer, told me to open my mouth and say ahh, shined the light in it for one second. He said i am going to give you Ventolin and a chest exray. Never took my temp, never looked in my ears, never asked about congestion or phlegm. Came back said the chest exray was clear. I explained that i am a psw and would need a note so i would pass on this to my clients. He said i should use my own discretion for working. He said i had a smokers cough and he would give me a puffer and a nurse would come and show me how to use it. When he left, i started to cry, this man made me feel like i was wasting his professionalism because i smoked. I had lost a days pay to do the right thing and his answer was a smokers cough. He came in while i was crying and asked what was wrong, i didnt answer. He said someone would come and show me how to use the puffer. I got dressed and left. The nurse said where are you going he is coming to show you how to use the puffer. I told her i didnt need it, i only have a smokers cough. I have never been made to feel so low and that i dint deserve medical care because i smoke. Smoking didnt give me green phlegm or a congested head? He was rude and condescending and i will never go there again.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I met him today at the Bracebridge Memorial Hospital he was working in E.R. not sure what he is doing in Bracebridge but he was totally void of any help at all. Will go back to using Orillia Soldiers Memorial Hospital as I did have an emergency problem and he made no attempt at listening to me or checking into the problem 4 minutes tops and he sent me off. This has been an ongoing problem for many people in South Muskoka area for years that use the Bracebridge hospital. Many just go directly to Orillia.....

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Maier has been nothing but nice and very helpful, so far so good.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2016

He's unbelievably rude. He asked my mother if she was his lawyer because she asked a question. He told me I had a cold and gave me medication that says "does not cure common cold"

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

He seriously needs help. He tells patients about his personal problems with his wife and literally cries in the room while your seeing him. I feel sorry for him, but he's not professional at all. He scared me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013