Ratings for Dr. Stephanie Chu

Office hours are not accurate online and they work less than stated. Very difficult to get an appointment. I like Dr Chu but I don't think the office is run well.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

She was not helpful in the solvation of my issues.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

She was rude, extremely unsympathetic, only focused on the 10 minute time limit per patient, and made me choose between discussing my recent trip to the ER or do a breast examination which is what I had been scheduled for. She treated me like I was insignificant and that my trip to the ER (2 days prior to my appointment) was not worth discussing. I inquired about the recent news on the birth control pill (Alesse) and because she had not heard heard about it proceeded to condescendingly tell me that I shouldn't believe everything I read. It was extremely worrying to encounter a doctor who is not up to speed on current events especially with regards to medical news. She is not qualified to have people's lives in her hands. It is disappointing that doctors like her are a part of the medical system.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr Chu is very personable and also a very talented doctor with great knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Chu is excellent. She listens and doesn't over prescribe

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I would not recommend Dr. Chu. My experience with her was awkward and unpleasant. I had brief interactions with four office staff people and they were all fine. No issues. Wait time was acceptable. The office wait room is tiny and hot in the summer. It's difficult to summarize Dr. Chu. She is technically polite, formal, by the book. Yet subtlely argumentative. Not warm. She speaks slowly. She talks more than she listens. She gives advice to things that were not a question, which leaves almost no time for what you do want to talk about. She is rigid. She falls back on policy when convenient. Her wording referencing the staff feels more hierarchial than team-oriented. I want a relationship with a family doctor who, even despite the limitations and busyness of the system as a whole, is patient and sympathizes with their patients, and treats them as equal contributors to the relationship. I did not find that in Dr. Chu.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

After 30 years with the greatest family doctor at her retirement she suggested dr. Chu. I was very anxious about the change but found dr. Chu very helpful, she listens and she follows up with tests, suggestions, less medications. Totally comfortable with her. Feel lucky. Reception need improvement!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

Dr Chu was friendly and cheerful. Receptionists were clueless, inexperienced and unorganized.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

Dr Chu was over 30 minutes late for my appointment. I do not feel that she listened to my concerns. She spent less than 5 minutes with me. I feel that she was rushed and had decided what her advice was going to be before I had even finished describing my symptoms and history.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Chu was over 30 minutes late for my appointment and I feel that she did not listen to my concerns. She very quickly suggested treatments that I did not feel were related to my condition and I feel like she put words in my mouth as she described my symptoms. She saw me for less than 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016