Ratings for Dr. Phil Davidson

Dr. Davidson and his staff were extremely helpful . He is an excellent surgeon and I experienced little to no pain after my knee scope. I had an awful experience with a different doctor previously and he made my experience so much better.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I recently visited Dr. Davidson, traveling from Las Vegas to his Salt Lake City location. I was very excited, hoping I was a candidate for one of his cutting edge knee procedures. Upon meeting him he explained, saying in simple terms, I was not going to be considered for those procedures. When I questioned him he got upset chastising me and reprimanding me in a condescending manor . He raised his voice and accused me of having seen five doctors including himself. In truth, after learning from my MRI I had a torn rotator cuff and bone spur on the right side and was bone-on-bone with no ACL in my right knee. I proceeded to consult with four surgeons in Las Vegas. Each of those four surgeons told me something different in how they would treat my knee. I decided on one of those four doctors and have not gone to or used another since that decision. I feel that I was being responsible, wise, doing what I thought to be due diligence. Dr. Davidson made it seem like I was someone who went from doctor to doctor looking for someone who would tell me what I wanted to hear. He again stated in simple terms what he thought I should do, cutting short my appointment and leaving before I could ask or question anything further. I was left feeling depressed and embarrassed. Getting up at 5:00 a.m. to fly to Utah, two taxi cabs, all day parking pass, the days total cost me $600.00 only to be berated and dismissed by this doctor. I was asked to wait upon arriving, the receptionist stated it was their lunch time. Upon arriving back in Vegas I waited to hear back from Dr. Davidson or his staff. I had asked before I left for dates and pricing. I emailed Karen Gunter three times and left her a phone message. I also emailed Paige Holliday. In two weeks no one has bothered to respond to my calls or emails. They have chosen to completely ignore my emails and calls. I am now sure its for the best! This doctor and his staff are uncaring and unprofessional!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2017

I'm 8-9 weeks post TKR from Dr. Davidson's botched partial knee. Not only did he mess up and not cement it in correctly, he lead me onto to believe for 8 months after that my pain and weakness was from my hip. PLEASE, seek additional opinions- Dr. Hickman and Dr. Wooten are fabulous. He also has very poor billing practices. He billed my surgery incorrectly and botched a co-workers surgery and left them with a horrible bill... because he's billing inappropriate codes. Worse decision of my life. Please, go see Edwards, Cooley, Wooten, Hickman... any of those guys are awesome. Stay far away from Davidson.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Recovering from revision necessary from botched TKR. In my opinion, not skilled in surgery or concerned at all post surgery. I should have known when I was able to schedule surgery within a month and all other ortho docs in town booked out 4-6 months. One of the worst decision I have even made was to trust this doc with my health.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I feel like going to him was a waste of time. He didn't listen to me at all and blew off my concerns and the fact that I'm in pain. I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015