Ratings for Dr. Kathleen Louise Broad

Dr Broad is the best doctor I've ever met (unfortunately, I've met a few). Not only does she work together with you to work through the issues that you want to, she doesn't push an agenda or what she thinks you should do. Dr Broad certainly is still a resident, and in that, she embraces her schooling and the guidance of her superiors - the other reviewer on here was probably not looking for a psychiatrist, she was probably looking for a holistic something-or-other. Today's approach to mental health is a combination of therapy AND medication. Dr Broad is upfront and very clear about her approach to medication and prescribing it. Many times we've changed my medication and when I have told her that I do not want to continue, we work on a schedule to decrease to limit withdrawal. She listens to her patients and wants the best for them, but also wants to make sure that everything is done safely and can be reported back on for any red flags. I've been going to Dr Broad for the past few years. While she is a resident, all of her work is checked over by an overseeing doctor. She's moved around to many hospitals during her residency so she can touch base with children, the elderly, addictions, long-term care, etc. She will help you to find classes and such to help you work through the things that you need to (mindfulness retreats, day patient programs). She has given me the tools to be able to work on my own and find a better quality of life, not only with my depression but with my chronic pain condition. I really enjoy meeting with her (twice a week) and she has said to me many times, “The doctor's number one job is to make themselves obsolete). I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone I meet.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

she is a child psychiatrist and only in her 3rd year med school. i find her to be a pill pusher and she thinks she is a know it all. does not listen very well to parents of her patients. maybe one day she will be good with experience but right now i would not go back to her.

Submitted December 3, 2013