Ratings for Dr. Christina K. Brown

I was having heavy bleeding and was originally scheduled for a D&C. Was told that if heaving bleeding persisted to let them know. Called on a Friday afternoon, staff did not want to be bothered and was told to put my feet up & rest & I would feel better. Went for my next appointment & she has me going to Pittsburgh the following morning where I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. At the appointment, I could hear her talking on the phone and saying that if I were younger (37 at the time) she would be concerned about saving my eggs. I never had any children. As a result, I had stage 3 cancer, went through radiation & chemotherapy and am basically sterilized. I was in the Pittsburgh Hospital on two occasions for three days at a time with a radiation rod stuck in the vagina & confined to bed rest. I actually had bed sores & a weak bladder when I was done. Keep in mind, I never missed a year without a pap smear. How could this have been missed? How did the cancer grow so fast?

flag | Submitted September 8, 2012

Outstanding doctor. Excellent diagnosis and treatment. She was so attentive to my discomfort and did a super job with surgery.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2012

I had a bad experience at another doctor's office during a slightly invasive procedure. Dr. Brown sat down and listened to all of my concerns and recommended steps to take to get over my previous experience. Although she did not always conduct my visit herself, the member of her staff that did was always kind, considerate, and communicated well. Her nurse practitioner, Mary Alice, was especially nice. She did whatever she could to take my mind off of any awkwardness or unpleasantness.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

Dr. Brown is very unprofessional in my opinion. I was pregnant with my 2nd child, suffering from severe depression, cut down on my meds for my baby's sake and very emotional. I also had gestational diabetes and was seeing another Dr. for that. I missed 1 appointment because of the weather, and at my next appointment Dr. Brown confronted me and said "Well, I hope you realize that your carelessness can cause your baby to DIE!" That's exactly what a depressed pregnant woman DOES NOT need to hear. All this for 1 missed diabetes appt! My bloodwork was always fine, I was non insulin dependant, controlled w diet. My baby was full term, 8# exactly, healthy as could be. I have not gone back to her since.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2011

This office is very high volume. On the day of your appointment, prepare to be there awhile. Time spent in the waiting room has been as long as 2 or more hours in my experience. The Dr. is friendly and makes you feel as comfortable as possible for the exam. She is gentle and the nurse practitioner is very friendly. My only complaint besides the wait time is that I felt the Dr. pressured me to take birth control medication even though I explained to her that it was not for me and that it caused to many adverse effects.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

I love Dr.Brown. She has been there for me since I was 15 yeaars old and has delivered my now 1 & 1/2 year old daughter.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

I agree with the other individual's comment: I had gone to Dr. Brown for a semi-emergency visit - I had a rapid-growing mass, which I was very concerned about (I will save the details). Dr. Brown rushed through the exam and told me it was a urethral cyst - and that I didn't need to do anything about it because it was harmless. A week later, my family Dr. informed me that cysts do not form on the urethra! Shortly after that, I saw a urologist and found out that it was actually a tumor. I was scheduled for surgery the following week at the Cleveland Clinic! I was devastated when I realized the potentially fatal consequences of Dr. Brown's erroneous report. Thanks to my family doctor, everything turned out alright.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2008

Nice person but need to update knowledge.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2006

Dr. Christina K. Brown's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)