Ratings for Dr. Joel Bernstein

It seems it's a business for Bernstein. I have gone through 3 unsuccessful cycles with him. He is late, vague and rushes the process. The last transfer I had the embryologist stated the embryo needed at 'few more hours'. Two minutes later the transfer happened. I questioned what this meant and recieved no clear answer. Bernstein was there and didn't care to check whether it was appropriate to transfer or to explain to me what this meant. I left having no hope it would work and was not surprised (but felt horribly cheated) when my period came. I bled 2 hrs after transfer and cramped for the following 8 days. This didn't happen with my previous 3 transfers which the first was successful with the previous doctor. Find a specialist that takes the time to care and explain things and does not act like its a business

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

My experience with doctor Berstein was awfull. He just wants you out of the appointment as soon as possible, never remembers you, he doesn't care. And his results are very poor. He doesn't even use an ultrasound for the transfers. I had many transfers with him, no one was successfull. I moved to another clinic, I get pragnent at the first try. I just recommand to avoid Dr Berstein, you will loose your time, money and it's very hard to manage so manyfailures. You think you can't have babies but it's not you who have a problem, it's the Dr who is bad!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Dr Bernstein is unskilled and uncaring. He hurries you out of an appointment even when you've suffered a miscarriage. He does not provide counselling or follow-up reviews after a miscarriage.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013