Ratings for Dr. Tracy E. Samuels

Dr. Samuels is always kind and happy to hear my comments and concerns. She truly cares about my wellbeing and gives honest opinions. I rarely have to wait 5 minutes or more to see her once I check in and the staff is super friendly. I have recommended her to my colleagues and I wish every physician is caring like her!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Samuels is a awful listener and really does not care about you. She talks down to you any chance she gets, talks way too fast and rushes through your exam. I don't expect to be pampered but respected. She did not even order a well woman blood profile as it was 2 yrs since I had one done. I really kind of feel sorry for her and she obviously needs to switch professions. It's called burn ed out! A very frustrated menopausal lady herself! I'll keep her in my prayers.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I see all the bad comments for Dr. Samuels.. I've NEVER been treated the way some of these people are saying they were treated. Loved her staff as they were always very attentive to me. I had a few health issues with my pregnancy and Dr. Samuels went above and beyond for me. I love her for bringing my babies into this world safely. I'm done having babies and she's still on top of my health issues. I have to say thank you Dr. Samuels for all you did for my family!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

I delivered my daughter two years ago, and thinking back on her birth, it literally brings tears to my eyes that such a beautiful day was ruined by such an inconsiderate and rude doctor. (My doc was out of the country- I delivered 3 weeks early). When she walked in the room, I recognized her voice (forever seared in my memory) as being the on-call doc that answered my call when I had a miscarriage the year before. Completely lacking empathy and telling me, "It happens on the time." She seemed annoyed that I had called at all, interrupting her Saturday morning. After recovering from the initial shock she would be delivering my baby that day instead of my doc I love, she "stripped my membranes" WITHOUT telling me what she was doing. This was the most painful experience of my life. I was literally screaming and cursing. I have never seen my husband so genuinely freaked out. She just left right after and said, "That should get this thing going." Like she wanted to go home or something. When I progressed more quickly that expected, she seemed annoyed that she had to be back in there with me. I literally pushed for 5 minutes and she yelled at me when I said my IV was poking into my arm. I guess 5 minutes wasn't fast enough for her. Anyway, I cringe when I see her name on my daughter's birth certificate.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Do NOT go to Samuels. Besides being rude, she is downright evil. I will be reporting her unethical and harmful behavior to the Medical Board and urge all of you other ladies with horrible experiences to do the same. I think she gets off on causing pain to pregnant women! She is sick, sick, sick!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2013

Do not ever go to Dr. Samuels. I had a cyst that her phys asst diagnosed me with via two ultrasounds. I go back two months later for annual exam and say, "We'll, I have this cyst." And she barely lets it leave my mouth and she rudely says, "How do you know?" That told me that she did not even flip back 1 page in my chart before walking in. I was so shocked I was speechless and could only point at the file. She never apologized. She then begins to berate me for going to a reproductive endochronologist for hormone treatment after he THOROUGHLY tested my hormones which she previously refused to do. Since I am in Peri-menopause I was in tears before it was all over. She asked questions about my periods and as I tried to look up the last several dates on an app on my phone she took my phone out of my hand and put it on the counter! She wouldn't let me talk. It was her way or the high way. Needless to say I won't go back. I've also had pelvic for three years and she keeps putting it off.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

I was recommended to Dr. Samuels by a friend- She'd let me know that Dr. Samuels was " a little rough," but that was an understatement... you should never be bleeding after a PAP Smear. She just shoved everything in, it felt like wood!! She didn't use anything to help it open or anything, she just shoved all her stuff into me very roughly! And the sample taking was painful itself, it should never be painful. Also, I put that I was allergic to Macrobid and sensitive to Ciprofloxacin (which should never be used for UTI anyways) and those were the first medicines she offered me! She didn't let me say a single word as to why I was there, she just kept talking and talking, all the stuff I already knew, which was fine, it's good to hear again sometimes, but she never even let me interrupt with questions, or the questions that I really needed to ask, she said, "Wait til I'm done." So I felt that she didn't listen or care, and was needlessly harmful in procedure.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

The day I found out I was pregnant Dr. Tracey Samuels said."Let's make this delivery easy and do a c section!" I had never had a c section before and didn't want one. She kept urging me to have one when I had no medical reason to have one. Her bedside manner was not the best and she even encouraged me to NOT breastfeed! My biggest regret in life was using Dr. Samuels for my last baby. She bullied me on more than one ocassion and I felt helpless since I was so close to delivering my baby and didn't think I could switch doctors. My husband confronted her the next day about her cursing and being ugly to me and she laughed it off. Being that she has never birthed her own children she has absolutely no compassion or interest in my concerns. Ask around this Dr. does more c sections than vaginal deliveries. Wonder why??? It pays her more money!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Waited nearly an hour and a half to see the doctor. No one, including Dr. Samuels, apologized for making us wait so long. After the hour and a half, finally Dr. Samuels came in the room for less than 5 minutes, then left for another 15 minutes to take a phone call and finally returned to examine my wife for 5-7 minutes. Never apologized! It appears that she thinks her time is more valuable than anyone elses - and doesn't care!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Samuels for over 15 years. I like her no nonsense approach. She delivered my son and several years later tied my tubes. She is kind, caring and knowledgable. She does sometimes run late but that happens when you see someone who delivers babies.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

Dr. Tracy E. Samuels's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1986)

Healthnet