Ratings for Dr. Charles Strumfeld

Please what ever you do not go here I went in for 1 tooth to be filled and he numbed me up with 9shots and then said there were 5teeth that needed to be done when he gagged me multiple times choking me with water I was told to just calm down that I was fine still chocking because he would not take out the plastic he had holding my jaw open upon placing the plastic piece in my mouth my jaw popped and was locked open for 2 hours that I was in the chair. When he got done told me I lost about a pint of blood and to take it easy for the day . Why the heck I would loose a pint of blood when it was just a few filling is beyond me well I can tell you it has been 3 day I have been in pain and my face is swollen I can't eat in that side and his office is closed for 5 days so no way to get in to get anything for pain. Upon hearing from other people I will not go back to him ever again. I will also be calling the board to report him and my insurance company and the teamsters who we are insured through.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

He's the only dentist to ever successfully get my mouth numb. Unfortunately that's where the good stops. His staff are wonderful, but he himself is aggressive, snide, thinks he knows better than anyone else, blows off patient histories, accuses you of lying when you don't fit into the textbook mold for patient care, and when you discharge from the practice, a year later you start getting bills for visits you nevet scheduled, let alone were present for - and then they don't answer the phone despite calling repeatedly within normal business hours. He isn't worth it, and I really saw some very questionable practices when I was in his office. Just stay away from him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have limited experience with Dr. Strumfeld, but I will tell you this: When I was 11 years old, I had 2 adult teeth coming in where the baby teeth were still in place. Understandably, he wanted to remove the baby teeth so they wouldn't impede the adult teeth. Unfortunately, even though he went to the waiting to tell my mother he was going to pull them, he never told me. He never informed his young, vulnerable patient that he was going to pull out 2 of his teeth. He just started working and by the time I realized what was happening, it was too late. If that scenario isn't a judge of his character or ethics, I don't know what is.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Fantastic Dentist…I couldn’t be happier. I am so glad I am going to see Dr. Strumfeld!!! I was looking for a new dentist this past Spring and read the previous review and thought no way would I go to him. Lucky me, I happened to mention it to my friend at work. It turns out 6 people, from my office, and their families go to Dr. Strumfeld (most for years and years) and love him. You really can’t believe everything you read on these reviews. Where do I start? The place is modern, clean and beautiful. His staff is great…friendly and they go the extra mile to please me and make everything easy for me. I’ve had problems at my previous office…but not here, I actually really look forward to going. The doctor is really warm and likeable with a hilarious sense of humor. I used to be afraid, not with him, he’s gentle and knows what he’s doing. I have never been more impressed with the manner that a dentist conducts his business. He very clearly showed me what my problems were and offered several options for treatment. We sat down and looked at videos and models until I really (honestly never had things explained to me so well before) got an understanding of my situation. Best of all we found a way that I can afford what I need. My work will be spread out over a period of time. So far I’ve has a cleaning and had several of my old decayed-broken -fillings replaced. Everything is feeling great. You should come here…this is a great office.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

The staff is excellent with my children. They have always gone at of their way to make my family comfortable. My appointments aren't alway on time, but it is due to taking time and care with a patient that came in prior to my appointment.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Great dentist - staff is friendly and knowledgeable as well. I started using him last year and couldn't be happier. I have the whole family using him now including my grandmother. Would highly recommend Dr. Strumfled.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2012

This dentist is the worst you'll ever encounter.Attitude like you couldn't imagine and tells you have almost everything wrong with your teeth when, in fact, almost nothing he tells you is accurate.That doesn't stop him though from doing unnecessary procedures and very invasive procedures that will cost you double or triple that of other dentists.I ended up having to see three other specialists to correct what he had done to my teeth not to mention, he did one thing but billed for an entirely different treatment (confirmed by my ensuing dentists who all questioned if he had gotten his license to practice from a mail-order factory.)Totally unsympathetic to your history, doesn't discuss your options with you and the entire experience becomes your worst - not to mention - very painful treatment.Complain and you're totally disregarded even when you present him with facts verified from your other providers.This dentist should be picking up trash - not working on your precious teeth.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

He is very aggressive while performing procedures. The areas he worked on were sore for days even though they were supposed to be minor procedures. I would strongly recommend another dentist if you're sensitive [who isn't when it comes to their teeth].

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

He is greedy & likes to use up all the insurance he can. I know from personal experience.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

This was the only dentist in the capital region willing to work with me to find what I needed within my budget. He has saved my smile!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011