Ratings for Dr. Theresa M. Soto

She is the worst doctor I have ever had. There are simply too many bad experiences with her to count, but basically she made my first pregnancy a miserable experience. DO NOT go to this doctor!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

I went to her because I had a uterine growth and needed a hysterectomy. When I asked for information, she rudely told me to "google it." I did google and found a new doctor who performed the needed surgery. Today I got a letter from her saying that "because of insurance and bad economy" they are closing their doors and going out of business. Then she asks for $25 to get a copy of my records. Someone needs to tell this doctor and her staff that kindness and courtesy are essential business attributes.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I've gone to this facility for 2 years and have never felt welcome or comfortable by the staff or doctors. Their billing department is also a joke, especially if you have an FSA. I went for a routine exam last year which they submitted to my insurance quickly but they didn't send the bill for my portion over a year later. I am now responsible for paying the billed amount as I cannot turn it in to my FSA because the plan year has ended. It is beyond frustrating and I will be finding a new practice where I feel compfrotable and where the billing department is competent.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

I went to Dr. Soto b/c I wanted to start a family and needed OB in my network. I brought my medical records and was expecting a little chat about my medical history and just friendly let's get to know each other. I did not get any of that. Dr. Soto was very cold, impersonal and not interested in me as a person. I told her about wanting to start a family and about my concerns regarding my advanced age. I did not get any reaction. As it turned out I am having problems conceiving and I went for help to fertility specialist. I recently got pregnant and miscarried at 8 weeks. I know my fertility doctor is sending reports to Dr. Soto but I never heard a word from her. I went to see her regarding an infection I got a week after my miscarriage and I mentioned it to her thinking she likely had not heard yet. There was no empathy in this woman. Dr. Soto interpersonal skills need work. The front desk staff is the most incompetent bunch I have ever seen. Everything you ask for is a hassle.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

Dr. Soto is very knowledgeable and competent as a Doctor. However, she does not provide the information necessary to help her patients make decisions and understand the next steps in regards to miscarriages and future pregnancy planning. I have had to get my answers from the internet or books to translate what I am getting tested for and what the results mean. If you question her recommendations she gives you an attitude. After my second miscarriage she told us we had to wait for a third before we should seek genetic and fertility counseling. This is contrary to what is provided by most insurance carriers. It was also unkind to ask us to go ahead and have a third loss before seeking answers.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Soto for a few years and really liked her from the beginning. She's the first doctor I've ever had who actually made me feel like she genuinely cared about my well being. She is quick and gentle with procedures that can be painful. She's a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

The staff was very rude. The doctor was not helpful at all. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010

I am really surprised to hear all the negative reviews. They took me on about 7 months into my pregnancy when many other Drs would not. I think sometimes she is rushed but mostly she spends time and answers all my questions. I called in a panic after the baby came and they really helped me. I love these Dr's and would recommend them to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

Dr. Soto probably saved my life. She returned my call while her partner was delivering a baby. She asked questions didn't just rely on my. She gave me advice, showed honest concern& initated a different treatment plan from her partner who I had seen for over 5 years. I now follow-up with Dr. Soto instead of Dr. Garu. Who is also excellent but, not the right fit for me. This practice helps women who have trouble getting pregnant GET-pregnant. Overall I've felt that women aren't the best fit for me in this area but, I was looking for a specialist to help me concieve a child so if that's what your need is; THIS is ABSOLUTLEY a great practice. My point is, in an emergency Dr. Soto instructed me like my life depended on it. Everyday questions are answered casually but, with any practice you as the patient have to let the provider know your concerns. So that they can make the adjustment. They have for me and I believe I'm one of the hardest people in the world to please..lol

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

I went to Dr. Soto several times. On each visit, I was very disappointed. The office staff was rude, they misplaced information, and they submitted incorrect information to my health insurance each time. I never had to wait long for Dr. Soto but I felt she did just the bare minimum of work that needed to be done. She is definitely not thorough and she is cold. The thing that drew the line for me was when I was going over a list of STD tests that she had ordered for me. I noticed she had not tested me for something. When I asked why, her response was: "Well, 50% of people are walking around with this disease and don't know it. Since you're not showing signs of it, I'm not going to test you. What you don't know won't hurt you.". Seriously?! So I guess it's not just stupid people that are causing STDs to be so widespread...it's doctors like Dr. Soto as well.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2010

Dr. Theresa M. Soto's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

UnitedHealthcare