Ratings for Dr. Sue M. Challinor

I have hasi/underactive thryroid and told me my weight gain was from overeating and that i should eat lean cuisines. I was not happen considering i was eating under 2k calories a day and running 7 miles 3 times a week. Still haven't found a doctor willing to work with me on meds. I would avoid her.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

I wish I could give zero stars because her bedside manner with me was terrible. Not only did I have to spend a long period of waiting but also most of my appointment was with her resident. And when she did finally come in the appointment she talked about me to her resident right in front of me and basically told me that my problem was that I was fat and that I didn’t need to be here and she pushed me off to a dietitian. At one point she asked me what my lowest adult weight was and when I told her 150, and she told me just to do what I did before. But when I said I only reached that weight from having an eating disorder, she ignored me again and sent me to the dietitian in tears. She didn’t listen to my problems or my symptoms, she just took one look at me and some test results and told me I was fat. It was heartbreaking, I came there for help and left in tears.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

She was the rudest and most uncaring doctor I ever went to. Never went back and found an excellent doctor later.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009

She was my endocrinologist for some years. She was late, unfriendly, did not accept criticism well. There is a form in the exam room asking you to speak up if you disagree with something. When I did, she answered saying you always have some problem. I never felt that she had any empathy for me or my concerns. She just seemed concerned with making sure she checked off information in the computer, and the face time she spent with me was minimal. I do not recommend her at all.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2006

I wish you could rate on things beside knowledge and helpfulness. She knows what she is doing, but I ended up finding a new doctor because she was bossy and rude. I had cancer, and when my treatment wasn't working, even thoguh I felt she knew what she was doing, I went and got a second opinion. I just did this to be smart, but she took offense to it. I left shortly after that. She was not very caring or attentive to the other things that a patient is dealing with. I found a wonderful doctor, who is just as great, but a lot more pleasant. To her credit, I would like to say that I believe she is a good doctor on the medical side of things

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006

Dr. Sue M. Challinor's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)