Ratings for Dr. John H. Yim

Dr. Yim is a brilliant caring doctor and finds solutions no matter how complicated a situation might be. He leaves no questions unanswered and maintains a patient, personable, and professional attitude during treatment. The outstanding care and treatment Dr. Yim provides is an awesome example of the quality of doctors City of Hope provides that makes this hospital the most outstanding cancer treatment center. It is devastating to become a cancer patient, but the excellent treatment received at City of Hope helps to inspire calm and confidence in the treatment plan. Thank you Dr. Yim and City of Hope for providing the “best of the best” patient care ever.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

The best. Listens, advises, extremely knowledgeable. My thyroid would be gone by now had I listened to an earlier surgeon's diagnosis of cancerous nodules. Dr. Yim tested and found I had no cancer, so no surgery needed! Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

My endo referred me to an ENT, but he would not tell us how many surgeries he had performed, so that was a big red flag! My husband researched and found Dr Yim. I had my TT in 2012, he did a great job eventhough my thyroid was very diseased and stuck to my vocal chords. I have had no problems with my voice or with my parathyroid glands. He is very informative and spent time with my husband and I and answered all our questions. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Yim is a brilliant surgeon. He removed my cancerous thyroid, and I experienced minimal pain even straight out of post-op care. He was also very compassionate and allayed my fears. My scar is barely noticeable. He attributed that to my skin healing well, but I'm sure that his surgical ability played a part too!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2010

Dr. Yim is the best doctor I've ever had. He knows what he's doing. He really cares about giving the best care to his patients & always takes time to make sure you're educated about your situation as opposed to a lot of other doctors who just treat you. There's no ego, and he is very friendly. In my case, he enlisted the help of a second doctor who had more experience with the situation I was in. Even if you prefer female doctors, you'd feel comfortable with him. Most importantly, he did an amazing surgery.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006

Dr. John H. Yim's Credentials

• Stanford Univ Sch Of Med, Stanford Ca 94305 (Grad. 1992)

UPMC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Yim is a brilliant caring doctor and finds solutions no matter how complicated a situation might be. He leaves no questions unanswered and maintains a pati..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The best. Listens, advises, extremely knowledgeable. My thyroid would be gone by now had I listened to an earlier surgeon's diagnosis of cancerous nodules. D..."

May 13, 2015