Ratings for Dr. Colleen P. McNally

I had nothing but great experiences with Dr. McNally and her staff. Rarely would I ever wait over 10 minutes. She was my dr, but unfortunately was not on call when I delivered my son, she was there less than an hour after he was born to check on me before she went to the office. She was very helpful when I had questions.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Condescending and judgmental. When a patient comes in for a problem, try not to lecture them. Work with them, not against them. McNally is elitist and rude, with zero sympathy. Shockingly poor "bedside manner."

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

Ive been going to Dr. McNally for 8 years & in that time she delivered my 2 babies. I have always loved her & described her to everyone I knew as a sweet angel. But this last appt w/her was shockingly different. There was no welcome, hello, or how are your kids, instead she began interrogating me on the Integrative Doctor I had been seeing over the last year (who has helped me tremendously) & began to scold & belittle me for believing any of the "lies" I have been told. She informed me that rather than taking vitamins and natural options, I would benefit instead from seeing a psychiatrist, taking antidepressants & looking into birth control, an IUD or other such prescriptions/medications. I even asked her if she was interested in seeing my labs or if she'd want to run her own & her response was "Um, no. Not really!" I can completely understand if she doesnt agree w/the natural approach Ive taken, but after 8 years I expected a little more respect.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

I have had numerous health issues in the past few years and had many office and hospital vistits with her. Every single(many) experience has been the same. Kind, caring, and very competent. An A+ physician

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

I first went to Dr. McNally for a 3rd opinion. I had a great initial experience. Had a surgical procedure that helped me out. Last 2 times I saw her I was extremely disappointed. She barely had time for a question. My last annual, any question I asked was rudely answered. I was made to feel extremely uncomfortable and stupid. I am sad to say I am on the hunt yet again for a OBGYN I can feel comfortable with.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Sometimes the staff can be a little cold. And since I tend to run a few minutes late, I have no room to talk about punctuality. But Dr McNally herself is the best. I see her every year for my pap, even if my insurance does not cover it. I don't even live that close to her. But she's worth it.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010

STAY AWAY!!! She never introduced herself or gave me any pregnancy info. 1st preg so I was clueless! She called re: my 1st tri blood panel which was very high for DS, I asked her a question to which she responded "I am going to hang up now, but the perinatal center can answer that" She suggested CVS be preformed even though I was over 15 weeks (she had no idea what my gestational age was). Given her dismissive nature, I tried to switch Dr's but her office would not transfer records despite 3 weeks of trying. I went in with preterm labor symptoms. She came in for 5 min. checked my cervix, sent me on my way. I went into labor 2 days later at 21 weeks. Her office STILL had my records, so I HAD to call them from the ambulance. I told them I was going to the ER and that my water broke. They said my doctor would call me ASAP. 8 hours later and after I lost my baby, a receptionist called at 4:45 to see what I needed. Mcnally is cold and indifferent and her staff is a bunch of useless morons.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

I have delivered two babies, had a miscarriage, and had all of my normal gynecological appointments with Dr. McNally for years. She is one of the most caring, thoughtful, and consientous doctors I have ever had. She has great bedside manner, is very supportive of pain management, and spends time with her patients. I would reccomend Dr. McNally to my closest friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

I never got to meet her. I called to schedule an appt for my very first pregnancy. I told the nurse practitioner on the phone that I had mild cramping. She said that I had to go to the emergency room because it could be a miscarriage. I told her I just wanted to make an appt but she insisted that anyone who saw me would just tell me to go to the emergency room because of the cramping. Eventually she said she could get me an appointment with the nurse. I didn't want to meet with the nurse, I wanted to meet with the woman who would be possibly delivering my baby. I hung up and did a little research. Not only did I find out that mild cramps are NORMAL, but I also found this website. Based on one of the terrible postings on here, I am really glad I didn't choose her.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2010

Dr. Colleen P. McNally's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1988)

Centene