Ratings for Dr. Dung A. Nguyen

Office staff is so rude. Location is close to work so I've stayed, but it's common for me to hear them talking about patients and laughing through thin walls (including myself lol). It's right across from TCC, so I guess business is good either way. Lost prescriptions, or called the wrong thing in a few times, and if you have an emergency you'll be told to 'walk in' next door to urgent care. I've never waited less than an hour and a half over there. Even if you have an appt. you'll wait in the room for him for 30 min. Nurse told me to put my phone away one day. Ha! I'd be bored to death.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have this man as a primary physician as I don't go to the doctor that often but when I do it's generally because I know something is really wrong. Every time I have been seen in his office I always get the medical interns never once am I asked if this is okay or would I rather have him in the room. When he does the consult with the intern they stand right outside the door to the rooms and discuss very loudly your chart and history that is not appreciated one bit. When seen by him and the intern it was like a classroom he was teaching and not asking any questions and the questions he did ask were already in my chart answered which proved to me that neither student or doctor read the file. I ended up going to urgent care where they did every test that they could and think they have found a solution to my problem but want to run more test later this week to make sure. If I had waited any longer I would have internal organ damage or have gotten septicemia. I will be changing doctors this will not be tolerated and shouldn't be.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

This is the most uncaring doctor I have ever met. He makes you feel dumb and inadequate if you try to ask a question and answers the question as if he is talking to a two year old and like he is wasting his time even trying to explain this information to someone who is not on his mental level. I am overweight and evertime I went there it seems like it would piss him off that my blood pressure and other numbers would be great. It seems to ruin his day when my blood wrok came back negative for diabetes. So that's when he decided to tell me of all the horrible ailments that awaited me due to my weight and it seemed as if he did not trust his own tests that he ran on me. Please save yourself the time and stress and do not use this doctor. Thankfully, I have been blessed with a MUCH better doctor and could not be happier.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

Same thing as all others. I went in just for a shot and waited almost 2-3 hours. He came in asked what he could do for me.I told him that I needed a tetanus shot, so he left. Waited again and the orignal nurse that put me in the room gave me the shot. It is rediculous. He jets out of the room before you can even ask any questions. He is like a robot. As far as him being knowledgable, I am sure he is a very smart guy. I just wish doctors nowadays would be human.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Same as below. Very unhelpful. Forgot who I was after seeing me for a life threating condition and did not check symptoms or ask standard diagnostic questions. Did not read chart before appointment and rushed out of the room on to the next patient before I had finished asking about my condition. His crappy performance was especially dangerous for me. If he's your primary, change. Or you could be paying for it with your health.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008

Same as other comment, he does not seem to care about his patients. Actually smiled when he gave me some bad medical news. Since he works out of patients first, it takes forever to see him. If this is your primary, good luck.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

Did not check any symptoms. Seemed unconcerned about serious health problems. Unsympathetic. Criticized diagnosis of other doctor without any reasoning or response. Prescribed medication without checking on any of the conditions. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006

Dr. Dung A. Nguyen's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

HealthFirst