Ratings for Dr. Donald W. Ray

My husband and I saw Dr Ray years ago and loved him and my husband HATES dentists. However, he was very impressed with the fact that Dr Ray went out of his way to make sure there was little to no pain during any procedure. We quit going to him after we lost our insurance, and saw a few others here and there that were a little cheaper since we were paying out of pocket. Needless to say we are back with Dr Ray and truly feel he is worth the extra costs because of the care he provides and his genuine care for his patients.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Great staff, nice modern office, thorough and friendly

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

I went into his office to get 2 teeth pulled. When I saw him he said they needed to come out because they were rotted. Then he came out and told me "I will not give you any pain medication under any circumstances" I told him I wasn't asking for pain meds, I just wanted my teeth out. After a brutal, torturous procedure involving the most pain I've ever experienced in my life, he says, I'm going to write you a script for pain meds. which I threw in the garbage. I was so upset with his unprofessional attitude! I will never go back and hope he dies a horrible, painful death!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

I went into the office and was meet with an unfriendly staff and I could put up with that for a decent dentist, but when I was waiting I had to deal with one of the rudest people that I ever had to deal with. It was a hygienst.. She was horrible; she made my gums bleed. Then when I said something to her she stated how rude I was. I was in shock. I have never been treated so poorly. I don't want anyone to lose there job in an economy like this so I didn't say anything to Dr. Ray. Dr. Ray was an awesome dentist but honestly I couldn't put up with that hygentist again. I honestly felt like less of a person by dealing with her and I'm a real estate agent so I will never recommend going to dr. ray just because of his staff.

Submitted July 24, 2012

Switching docs because of staff rudeness. Also, was not wild about the hygenist who never failed to make my gums bleed, even though I floss daily.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

My insurance company and I paid this dentist appx. $1300 for a bridge he began in Dec 06. He didn't take an impression of my teeth before he removed my old crowns. The bridge he made was ill fitting and looked horrible. He promised he'd work on it until I was satisfied. By June of 07 neither the bridge or the temporary would stay in for more than a week & I could only get an appt. once a month. In Oct 07 While tryin to make the bridge fit he put a hole in it, then decided he wasn't going to work on it any longer. He said he spent enough time on it and could not please me. He told me he would be glad to never see me again. His behavior was very unprofessional. He WOULD NOT give me the bridge. I left his office without it and without my money. I complained to my ins.co. They called him & he promised to return both their money and mine. He still hasn't paid either of us back. I had to have gum & bone surgery because of this and spent an additional $3000 to fix the problems he created.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008