Ratings for Dr. Elaine Selden

very professional and knowledgeable. Took time to answers all questions and options to medication and treatments.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Elaine Selden for years now. We have never felt like she was rushed or didn't have time for us, time to explain options or offer advise.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Elaine is kind and efficient. She took time to fully answer questions. Promptly moved to removal of a suspected and actual basal cell carcinoma on my face. Cosmetic result was excellent.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

I went in for the first time today to get a rash on my face checked out. Ms Selden was extremely helpful as was her assistant. Very approachable and took her time telling me everything I needed to know. I highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

I went for adult rosacea. Had Dr. Harlen (Elaine's brother and the doctor at this clinic) diagnose that for me, and I felt he was competent to do that. He shuffles people off to Elaine S. then for most simple procedures, as she is a practical nurse. She gave me several laser light treatments, which did no good. Drugs, ditto. Then she wondered if I had discoid lupus & took a biopsy & I have a scar now. I did NOT have discoid lupus! All in all, this place rakes in the money by Dr. H. doing new pt. exams, & expensive surgeries while Elaine does the rest. She is fast, as is he in talking & she was fast to judgment. I was very disappointed & would not recommend either of them to anyone unless it was a very simple skin condition, with proven cure. He even has his own line of lotions & potions which he promotes. Both live in huge expensive houses. Small wonder. But at what cost and detriment to the patient I wonder?

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

I have seen Elaine twice so far. The first time i was super early for my appt but i felt as if she was in a hurry and didnt answer my questions properly. She kept standing at the door and i felt she was in a hurry to be somewhere else. The treatment didnt work for me and she couldnt give me anything stronger because i am breastfeeding. The second time i felt the same thing, as if she was in a hurry to get out of the room. I wish she would have taken the time to answer my questions instead of treating me like a name on her list, prescribing medication and moving on. I will not be going back there and will look at other derms in the area if need be.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2010

Whereas I feel Dr. Seldon is very knowledgeable, I feel she is eager to get through her day and not exactly take the time to explain treatment. She leaves most of the directions & information to her staff to disciminate to her patients. I went off birth control & my scalp and face broke out. Having gone to Dr. Harlan as a teen, I went back as an adult. She gave me a tremendous list of medications to buy (some free samples) but none of them worked. She offered one but since I'm trying to get pregnant, she advised not to. She never diagnosed my condition, just kept telling me I had too much male hormone in my system. I have just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and what upsets me the most was that she didn't even consider advising me to take a blood sample to be tested. I have a serious issue with my thyroid and she missed the obvious symptoms. She's a nice personality but perhaps should slow down and get to know each patient.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2006