Ratings for Dr. Martin P. Pontecorvo

A very good caring, knowledgable and professional. I admire and trust him

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Wait for too long to get in exam room. If your appointment is at 1 a reasonable amount of time to wait may be 30 minutes, but an hour! Sales people fly in at a constant stream. Couldn't deal with all the quick prescriptions being written for myself or my parents. Glad we left years ago, but still upset to see local friends and family overmedicated.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

I met with Dr. Pontecorvo for a new patient consult. He was pleasant and spent a great deal of time with me but did not address all my concerns. He sent me for various tests and unneccessary appointments - a huge waste of time and money. The office staff is horrendous. Calls go immediately to voicemail. To reach a live person or get anyone to call you back is a feat. I am currently looking for a new doctor. The office also charged for copies of my reports I picked up in the office. Ridiculous.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

Dr. Pontecorvo took care of my terminally ill father with a level of knowledge, care and compassion that far exceeds any care my dad ever recieved with any other physician. He was also first to diagnose him with 100% accuracy.Sometimes there is a wait, but when he is with his patient at the moment, that is his only concern. He takes time to explain issues until the patient leaves with a complete understanding of what is going on. His skill, knowledge and compassion are at levels all other professionals should aspire to reach.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

Dr. Pontecorvo is an extremely knowledgeable and caring physician. He truly cares about his patients and their well being.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

The office staff is horrible - they are very rude and do not return phone calls - these dr's are all about money not patient care - they claim to be busy but I never see anyone in the office

flag | Submitted February 3, 2011

Have been going to Dr.Pontecorvo for about 8 yrs now.He is a GREAT Dr.Caring,compasionate, and knowledgeable.If he doesn't know the answer he will go to great lengths to find it.Would recommend him in a heartbeat.Makes me feel very comfortable,because he listens to what you are saying.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010

The two Dr's in this office are very professional,caring,great listeners,knowledgable,have a GREAT staff and truly care about the patients. I have been a patient for more that 10 years

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

The staff is one of the worst that I've ever dealt with. They did not return any of my 5 calls to that office in 5 different dates, they are rude and impatient, inexperienced and do not transfer the messages to the doctor. Doctor Pontecorvo is a very busy man and we do understand that. His staff though needs to improve considerably.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Great and knowledgeable Dr, poor Nurse's help/prescription Line. I've been seeing Dr Pontecorvo for several years and he is a very nice and caring person. He listens to you and will keep trying to figure out what the problem is until you get somewhere. Overall he is a good internist and I like him as a person. The nurse's line on the other hand....Basically they have just gone downhill. I've had to call over and over to get prescriptions called in. And the most frustrating thing is often they don't call you back when you leave a message for them. I've been sick as a dog and called in saying I need to speak to someone and just never heard back. If you need to speak to Dr Pontecorvo make an appointment to see him in person because you can't rely on the Nurses getting back to you.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

Dr. Martin P. Pontecorvo's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1988)