Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth MacRae

Unfortunately, SHE HAS RETIRED! She operated on my husband's brain in 1999 and just recently (June 2014) I was trying to phone her admin. asst. at the hospital, only to find out she has retired. IMO, she will be sorely missed.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

I was diognosed with a meningioma on Jan. 17, 2003. It was critical because the optic nerve and a vein from the pituitary were involved, and it was attached to the brain stem. I had my surgery on Feb. 18,2003. Dr. MacRae was chosen for my surgery because she was the best, and when I met her I didn't hesitate to put my life in her hands. It will be 10 years in a couple of days and I've never looked back. She was the best!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

I had Pituitary surgery by Dr MacRae. Second to none!!! I am so sorry she has retired and is not the person following up on my care :( I have a very high degree of respect for her and her expertise is missed. Having said that, I hope she has Grandkids now. If you read this Betty...Thank you for taking good care of my life. I am forever grateful. mary-janematheson at hotmail.com

flag | Submitted November 21, 2012

Dr. McRae did surgery on a client/friend of mine as well as myself, for a Meningioma tumor. She is brilliant at what she does. My family and I had a giggle all day long after the surgery waking up with two little pigtails coming out of my bandaged head. She took my tumor and discarded it!! :-) I am doing wonderful and trusted Dr. McRae with my brain, my life. Happy ending.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

I have never met a person like Dr.Macrae before.She is compassionate about her work and it truly shows.She is up front,straight and to the point with everything concerning your surgery and I would not want it any other way.I would recommend her to anyone and she will hold a very special place in our hearts forever.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. MacRae gave me back my life! How can she ever be repaid for such a gift? She truly is an angel, and we think of her daily as a reminder of all that is good and competent in our health care system. Thank you, Betty! I have been pain-free for 6 years!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

OK doc but she certainly "is" sharp, blunt, and very very direct. Lays it right on the line about the many ways you can die if an operation slips up. Changed my mind about the operation as she scared the dickens out of me. Think I will forever be terrified now, even when I get to the point where I can no longer put it off. I'm not confident that Canadian neurosurgeons have nearly as much expertise as US surgeons.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008

Dr. Macrae is a competent and skilled surgeon. While she may not be warm and fuzzy, I appreciated her directness and frankness. She was not quick to jump to a surgical option, but when the time came for surgery I was grateful to be in her hands. Staff at the hospital always said if you are going to have brain surgery you want Dr. Macrae. I too felt sick when I found out she was retiring (although I appreciated her informing me of that) as I likely will require future surgeries. I can't imagine trusting anyone as much as I have trusted her.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2008

I am so thankful for Dr MacRae. Having brain surgery is very scary, but being in her capable hands made it so much easier. She is an amazing Neurosurgeon and when you are her patient, you are #1. I can honestly say that it was easy to put 100% trust in her and her team. All I can say is ThankYou so much!!!!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

LOVE Dr. MacRae! Her bedside manner is impecible, she is very experienced, and she gets things done. She tells it like it is, and then gives options on how to take care of the situation. You can rest at ease when you are in her care. She is also VERY incredible with the family, and talks "english", not medicalease.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2007