Ratings for Dr. Kouros Izadi

I am 52 and was told I needed my two lower wisdom teeth removed and my number 3 due to a failed root canal from years ago that was causing an infection. I was so worried about being put under GA, that I Googled everything. All the risks had me worried but more of a concern was the negative comments about this doctor. I was sure he was going to be the death of me due to ratings and comments. However I did go to the appointment and my blood pressure was very high. He would not do it if it would not come down. Part of the problem was that I do have high blood pressure, but it's controlled so it should not have been that high even with nerves. Turns out the cuff was too small. Once they put the correct size cuff on my BP was safe for the proceedure. I woke in what felt like two minutes. All went well, though I was very sore and at my age recovery it's a little slower, but it's two weeks today and I no longer have pain and things have settled down. I can finally eat and I have no infection. I think when people say bad things about a doctor based on THEIR experience I have to remember that so I won't be so nervous next time. I appreciate ratings for all professional people, but we also have to understand that not all extractions are alike. He was not very personable, but he was also not going to do the surgery if it was unsafe, so that made me feel good. I don't expect that he should be all chatty kathy with everyone because they book these surgeries back to back. They have to get everyone done and its not his intention to engage in conversation to get to know his clients and become friends. I would use him again because I felt on a professional level he did what he was suppose to, so I can overlook his lack of wanting to be everyone's friends as I believe his personality trait is to just do the job at hand and let your own dentist be your friend.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2014

He has psychological issues. Not a good Dentist, Please do not go to him for wisdom teeth extractions

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

I HAVE HAD A LOT OF DENTAL WORK DONE, AND DR IZADI IS BY FAR ONE OF THE BEST I HAD WORK IN MY MOUTH.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

great office and staff at south oceanside dental. total cost for 4wisdom tooth extraction was1300. i have no complaints . friendly accurate staff and drs. thanks dr izadi

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

extremely rough, uncaring, Please do not go to this doctor. Big ego, no manners

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

I have NEVER been treated so horrible by any type of doctor in my life. He extracted a tooth of mine and fractured my jaw and caused a major infection. All he seems to be concerned about is to hurry up do the job even if it means hurting the patient, and get you out as soon as possible so the next victim can have your seat. He was extremely rough and has horrendous bed side manner. Any office that allows this oral surgeon into their practice is risking their reputation. I would NOT recommend this "doctor" to anyone, not even an enemy.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

This oral surgeon took out my wisdom teeth. Once I was told I had to have them out, scheduled an appointment, took time off work, and was already in the chair at the dentist office with an IV in my arm, he decided it was the appropriate time to tell me the risks were greater than the benefits. Turns out he convinced three other patients that day to not have their wisdom teeth out and when I called the office the next day, they informed me he was no longer employed with them. DO NOT GO TO THIS DENTIST/ ORAL SURGEON!!!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Dr. Izade yanked a couple of my teeth out last year; he is very rough and his bedside matter was lacking. I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr Izadi extracted a wisdom tooth for me using local anesthesia and it was a piece of cake, because I was feeling no pain. He was very helpful and cooperative when I asked him questions regarding the pain that had brought me there and he located some bone loss which was a food trap(job of my primary dentist)which was infecting my gum directly above it. I left his office very satisfied that I had made the right decision regarding my extraction as well as choosing my Izadi as the Oral Surgeon. Dr Izadi after discussing my particular case agreed to give me a local anesthetic instead of putting me under using the IV method which I was scheduled for.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011