Ratings for Dr. A Malhi

I have never filled out a rating for a doctor before but I feel compelled to write something regarding Dr. Malhi. I became Dr. Malhi's patient after wonderful Dr. Te-Juatco left for health reasons. My daughter was also a patient of Dr. Malhi's. I once showed Dr. Malhi my ankle which seemed to be more swollen than the other. She stood a short distance from me, did not look closer at my ankle or touch it. Her remark was, "yes, it does seem more swollen than the other one." First clue..............time to move on. My daughter had her first baby & was harassed by Dr. Malhi. I went with my daughter to all her appointments with the new baby, if I had not been there I would not have believed the things my daughter was told or how she was treated. Dr. Malhi was very concerned about the baby's weight , the baby was not gaining weight fast enough yet baby regained their birth weight within the correct time & continued to gain weight. Dr. Malhi pulled out the "I've talked to several paediatricians & they've never heard of a baby like this" card. When we asked if baby could be referred to a paediatrician she replied that, "no, baby didn't need to see a paediatrician." At one point we saw Dr. Gallo again. Dr. Gallo looked after my daughter's pregnancy & delivered the baby. My daughter had been very pleased with the care from Dr. Gallo but at this visit Dr. Gallo made the comment, "don't let baby sleep too long without feeds as they may become dehydrated & go into a coma." This comment was said without making eye contact with my daughter, all the while looking at her notebook. The following week we were at another appointment scheduled by Dr. Malhi. She was not in that day so we saw the doctor who was in for her. I asked her about the comment from Dr. Gallo (without saying who said it) & she replied, "absolutely not." I am only making this comment on this website because a new Mother should never be subjected to this kind of treatment or care. Both my daughter & I changed doctors. We each found a doctor very quickly & the difference is night & day. If you go onto the College of Physicians & Surgeons you can find which doctor is accepting new patients. I am only putting this in writing to let others know that there are options out there. You do not need to stay with a doctor who is not providing you with good care. I hope this comment will be helpful.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Malhi is both rude and condescending. On two occasions where I had appointments to see her, I was left to wait for over an hour without seeing a doctor. This behaviour is extremely unprofessional. I have been treated with much more consideration and respect seeing doctors at the walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

Dr Malhi is the best Dr I have ever had. She is personable and has the best bed side manor. Very helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

After Dr. Te-Juatco left we had a few different doctors filling in before we were left with Dr. Malhi. We came to her with our daughters issues and she had no idea how the system worked or even how to even help with our situation. Went to another Doctor who was way more knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Great doctor! Takes time to listen and follows up.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014