Ratings for Dr. Daniel Beytell

I have been a patient for 8 years and I have no complaints about the man. I didn't care for the staff at Windermere Clinic. He is thorough in his work, and cares for my wellbeing. I would recommend him as a great Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Beytell for over 12 years. The new staff in Windermere Clinic turned me away and cancelled my appointment today as I was 10 mins late. There was heavy snow overnight and the road was not the greatest today. Really cannot believe the staff cancelled the appointment. I was there for an appointment at the clinic last week and waited for almost an hour. How fair is that? The staff said there was a rule. I did not see a late cancellation rule posted in the clinic or in the website. The staff was not helpful and rude.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I've gone to Dr Beytel for several years. He's ok with women's internal stuff (felt only regular discomfort), keeps on top of my issues & was willing to let me try alternate natural thyroid meds & no side effect cholesterol med . When I had a very serious life threatening issue he was on holidays and never even ask about it on next visit. I mentioned it with NO comment from him. Not sure if he cared? Plus no hospital privilege so not good if you have something serious. He's away a lot. Would not recommend for serious illness.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Bad bedside manner and not helpful at all! All he does is constantly refer me and my children away to other people to deal with whatever the problem may be. (That's when he actually remembers to send the referral). Always at minimum 30 minutes late for every appt. Stares at his computer for the whole visit. I will be seeking another doctor for my whole family. I'd rather go to a different clinic Doctor every time instead of seeing him again. And frankly they're more reliable anyways.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Very knowledgeable doctor and very thorough . Great follow through. Receptionist leaves something to be desired

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

My husband had what I thought was a mini stroke that left his left side so weak he couldn't walk. My son took the day off work to help me get him to Beytell's office. He told me that it wasn't a stroke an sent us to the lab. We made three trips to the lab in the next week. Beytell told me to take him to the hospital if he got any worse. We had no idea what the bloodwork results were after another week. I finally got fed up and took my husband to the hospital. there they confirmed that he had had a mini stroke. By the way Beytell does not have hospital privileges. We were very dissappointed and now have a new doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

I love Dr Beytell. He has always been so helpful and always hooks me up with free samples before I go spend money on prescriptions. I often have to wait 30+ minutes for my appointment. He tens to take the time with his patients and often goes over the allotted time. Which is great if you are the patient he is spending the time with but sucks when you are waiting for someone else to finish. He really cares. It shows. Also I love his Vacation pictures. Not creepy at all and it helps the time pass. His secretary on the other hand is very unorganized and has often mixed up my charts with my mothers. She always seems to flustered.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I've been with Dr. Beytell for over five years now. I have always found him to be very attentive, personable, and knowledgable when i have visited him. He has always shown genuine concern and interest in my health. I've recently relocated to the Greater Vancouver area and continue to keep him as my GP.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Do not like this man. He is very impersonal and makes you feel like your bothering him. He sits the whole visit looking at his computer and rarely makes eye contact with you. Your there because you obviously don't feel good and just end up feeling crappier because of his attitude. He seems to be very stuck on his bulked up body rather than the fact that he is a Doctor there for you and to act accordingly. And I sure am not interested in seeing his personal pictures flashing across a picture frame. I had to almost aggresively tell him I'd had a blood glucose test done 4 days before a visit as he was insiting I needed to have one done, gee he is staring at the screen the whole time, did it not show he had requesitioned already. Good grief, pay attention to the patient. No I will be looking for another doctor ASAP.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012