Ratings for Dr. Carol Benn

An oncologist should be calm and collected, not constantly in a hurry and unable to focus on one thing at a time. She gave me my diagnosis and 2 days later when I went to change the date of my operation, she gave me a completely different diagnosis from the same set of results. A second oncologist said that my case was more serious than what she had let on. It is disappointing to know that if I had not gone to see her to move my operation, she would not have gone through my results again and that she would not have known to refer me to someone else. I have heard that she is extremely knowledgeable in this field however I was not fortunate enough to have that experience with her. She did not communicate herself well and inundated me with so much of information which she did not explain. Furthermore cancer is not like a flu, a misdiagnosis or misreading of the results is life threatening and the last thing you will expect from an expert in the field.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018