Ratings for Dr. R. Moon

Worst front staff I have ever seen. Customer service is non-existent at this office. They argued with me about lies they made up. Was a customer for years but enough is enough. Time to move on to someone else who cares.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

Waiting for my exam I could hear every person leaving the exam room being told they needed bifocals. On top of that everything is classic high pressure salses pitches. Offering specials that "end today then the price goes way up". My eye exam was basically a prolonged sales pitch for bifocals. He completely missed a very significant warning sign of eye disease that has been spotted by many other optometrists in past years. On leaving I refused to order my much needed bifocals and told them to just give me a copy of my prescription and not to worry about booking my appointment for next year.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

Really honest eye doctor! My husband and I were prescribed eye glasses last year by another doctor in town but neither one of us had glasses before. So this year we obtained a second opinion from Dr. Moon. He provided a thorough exam of approx. 45 min for each of us, and answered all of our questions. The end result was that we didn’t need any glasses or contacts. What a relief. The staff could have been a little friendlier, but after we paid $1600 to another optometrist for two glasses that we didn’t even need, I will not go anywhere else!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

He is one the worst in Town. He is always late. I waited 65 minutes when I was the very fist appointment. He spend only 6 minutes with me and he mentioned I have to have a bifocal glasses. After start asking other question about healthiness of my eyes. He just replied Ok. No explanation and start getting angry. I think It is time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Dr Moon was very knowledgeable and friendly. He didn't try to sell me anything. Location needs direct billing and the staff are a little pushy but whatever. They told me I didn't need to bring anything to the appointment and when I get there they seemed annoyed that I did not bring my Alberta Healthcare card.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013