Ratings for Dr. Alvin Berman

Undoubtedly the best gynecologist in NYC. His physical exam is worth every cent that it costs -- he spends an hour or more with each patient; is kind and understanding; "talks you through" any uncomfortable procedure. I've been with him for over twenty years, thank Heaven!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Fantastic professional . Very smart , helpful ... One of a kind physician .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

As a patient of Dr Berman 's for nearly 20 years, I can truthfully report that he is a most amazing practitioner. I have used him for multiple procedures during my years with him, and, as someone trained in the health field, I find Dr. Berman to possess a knowledge base second to none, His examination covers every organ system, something that is quite unique in today's healthcare arena. He is simply a wonderful physician. '

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I just want to add yes , the nurse.... go figure. Not nice at all. I would add she makes unnecessary comments. Very happy with doctor Berman. Best exam I have had in my life at 49! I wish he would take insurance.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Simply the best doctor I have ever seen. I was his patient for 12 years. I wish my financial situation would allow me to continue seeing him. If you are as nervous as I am when seeing a gynecologist then Dr. Berman is for you. He is thorough, understanding of women psychology, gentle, in one word perfect. The only negative I have to say about his practice is that his nurse is not the friendliest, that might have changed since I last went a couple of years ago. Don't let that turn you away from a wonderful doctor and human being.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

Dr. Berman is all about the medicine and his patients well being. He completely understands the physiology of women and explains it so well. Yes, expensive - but absolutely worth every penny!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2010

Alvin Berman is the reason I overcame my infertility problems and became a mother. That was 27 years ago and he was the only doctor I spoke to out of 12 in Manhattan who recommended my going to New Orleans for what was then an experimental surgery using the laser. He is caring, knowledgeable, accommodating, a mensch. He respects his patients and is thorough, explaining everything he does. He retains what we all valued in medical care before the system was destroyed. I trust him implicitly and am grateful to him as he has been there for me for over thirty years.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

Visiting an ob/gyn is a daunting experience for most women. I wanted to find a good one that I can stick with, so after reading tons of reviews on ratemd, Alvin Berman was my first choice. Unfortuantely, when I called to make an appointment, I was informed that he does not take any type of insurance and a visit will cost $600 - $900. I know he's on the upper east side and ladies around there can probably afford to pay that much, but I'm just a 20 something girl with a decent job, but not one that allows me to splurge like that. Therefore, my search begins again to find a doctor who is willing to take my insurance (it's not cheap insurance either :() and $25 co-pay. Unfortunately, I was unable to experience the greatness of Dr. Berman that other ladies raved about.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2009

His ability to keep you comfortable and candid before during and after your exam is like no doctor you have ever seen. He makes you WANT to be proactive about your health. Take time to engage his staff and they are truly caring as well. If you are looking for a doctor that will look after all of you then Dr. Berman is the ticket. I just hope that he can instill his dedication to the scads of medical students he teaches.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

I have been a patient of Dr. Berman's for 30 years now. I've tried other gyns who were closer to where I resided, but no one was as thorough and caring as Dr. Berman. He is the BEST at what he does. I've flown half way across the country to see him when I lived away from NY.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Dr. Alvin Berman's Credentials

• Univ Of Pretoria, Fac Of Med, Pretoria, So Africa (Grad. 1970)

Harvard-Pilgrim