Ratings for Dr. Christian R. Peralta

Saw Dr. Perlata for the first time in November, since my regular dentist wasn't a provider on my temporary dental insurance. I had what I thought was a cracked tooth, but ended up being an old filling that had popped off the tooth. Dr. Perlata and his assistant stated that I had infected gums, and tooth decay with some bone loss which they pointed out on the x-ray. They stated that I needed root planing, and recommended the extra cost of some antibiotic treatment thingy. Something seemed fishy about it all... They were really pushing me to have the treatment OR ELSE. I had him re-do the filling and stated that I would not have any other procedures done until I got a second opinion from my regular dentist. Today, I visited my regular dentist. There is no infection in my gums, no tooth decay, no bone loss on the x-ray. Root planing is absolutely not needed for my teeth. On top of that, apparently the filling Dr. Perlata did 6.5 months ago has come off, and is just wedged between my teeth, so now I must have the filling done again.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015