Ratings for Dr. Todd M. Hess

I have been a patient of Dr. Todd for about 17 years now. I came to him with debilitating chronic neuropathy pain in my feet and hands. His treatment plan made the pain not only tolerable but increased my quality of life 10 fold by allowing me to perform tasks that were nearly impossible before I came to his clinic. His bedside manner puts one at ease immediately with humor mixed with solid advice. He is very thorough by listening and understanding you personal situation. I have never felt rushed as he makes sure he takes the time needed to answer all questions. It is obvious that he truly loves his work and has a vast knowledge base and will follow up when he needs to seek more information. His P.A, Una Edwardson is just as professional and understanding. If you seek kind, compassionate care, I give 5 stars to Todd, Una and all their staff at United Pain Center and owe them a deep amount of gratitude for helping me live a quality and productive pain free life.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

Dr.Hess is very compassionate about his clients health,and how he can help them. He wants to make a difference and he does .there s no doctor that I feel compares to his expertise and drive on a health related field.thank you dr Hess for helping me for over a decade, you mean a lot to me and I can,t thank you enough.saramraiter@gmail.com

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

I have chronic regional pain syndrome. I have been seeing Dr Hess for about a year and a half now. He is an amazing doctor and I feel blessed to have been referred to him. He understands the pain factor which some other doctors I have seen did not. I go in to see him aching like mad and leave laughing.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

as long as you never disagree or ask for another opinion he is happy to see you along with 3 other people scheduled in your time slot. he's very nice the 1st time you see him but it fades the more you go. my condition requires treatment in the first 6-12 months for any chance of remission. after being treated for 4 months i was seeing some relief...until he dropped me like a hot potato! now, a year later, my condition has not only become intolerable but it has spread. i wasn't asking him to be a god and cure me. I was only wanting to focus on other areas of pain as well, he is suppose to be a pain doctor. he said i was belligerent the last time we met. i will admit to crying but he kept running in n out of the room and seemed irritated that i wanted more treatment. i'm only 37 of course i wanted to keep trying. he then says 'maybe you have MS' and walked out again. what kind of doctor kicks a chronic pain patient out? not just of seeing him but of UPC?! what happened to 'Do No Harm'

flag | Submitted January 10, 2013

Dr Hess is the best Dr I have been too. He always has a smile on. As a matter of fact, he was dealing with his own pain one day and he was more than pleasant. I am a very difficult case and we are having a very hard time finding what works but he keeps trying and doesn't give up! Liability? I don't see him worried about this at all! At least not so I see it. He is concerned about the mental health state the pain puts his patients in and is just An awesome dr!!!'

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

Yeah, good luck getting into see these guys, the wait is getting well into next year. Seems there only 2 or 3 decent pain clinics in the entire state. Have heard good things about Hess though, you people should feel fortunate.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Dr. Hess gave me my life back!! I went through years of testing, treatments, clinics, and doctors and no success in being able to determine the cause of my pain or how to treat it. Within a few minutes of meeting Dr. Hess he had a diagnosis and ideas for treatment. I was so impressed with him! I actually was seeing another doctor at the clinic (who was not at all helpful). I arrived for my appointment to find out this doctor committed suicide. Because of that, Dr. Hess stayed late, after business hours, just to meet with me. When he realized that I have rectus sheath syndrome he ran out of the office and brought in a book with a picture of a body to show me exactly what is going on. He has been incredibly supportive, been with me through numerous treatments, and even decided to talk to a neurosurgeon about trying a spinal nerve cord stimulator even though this is not used to treat my area of nerve damage. He is pretty dang fun too!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2011

sometimes all u see is a PA and a hand shake from DR. Hess hears what hw wants to hear but overall I thinks he is good

flag | Submitted April 30, 2011

If you actually get to see Dr. Hess, you cant help but like him and he is very smart and loves to help. Now if you get a nurse to help you, or have to call the prescription refill line, i would say to expect to have complications and be annoyed as i have had extremely mixed experiences with them, from wonderful to horrible experiences. Do yourself a favor and find one of the 2 hour parking spots on the street and skip out on the parking ramp as they do not validate, especially when your just going in for a prescription refill

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

Dr. Todd M. Hess's Credentials

• Univ Of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 55455 (Grad. 1986)