Ratings for Joann E. Gruber

BEST Psychiatric Provider I have ever had. I first met Dr Gruber in 2011 when I was referred by my therapist of 15 years. As skeptical as I was my therapist convinced me to see Dr Gruber and I am so glad I did. Dr Gruber was able to get me out of my severe depression when no one else in the Valley could. I had been hospitalized 3 times for this depression it was that bad. She recommended nutritional support, which NO ONE had ever done and was able to wean me off some of the medications that were causing me distressing side effects. I am now actively involved in my life, I have not been hospitalized again and I have not had any more suicidal thoughts. My family and friends have all noticed the difference. This lady changed my life. I have sent many friends and colleagues to her and they have all had the same great results. All except for one person who I later found out was addicted and trying to get medicine that she would not prescribe, rightfully so!! I highly recommend Dr Gruber to anyone looking for a truly professional caring practitioner.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

I practiced as a licensed psychotherapist for over 40 years, 5 of those years with Joann Gruber who is a doctorate level nurse practioner. One of my former colleagues who often consults with Joann Gruber informed me about the reviews on this site. Having practiced with many mental healthcare prescibers I can say she is a brilliant and compassionate prescriber . There are often complex reasons for disgruntled clients . Do not deny yourself the services of this brilliant ARNP DNP. She is truly a caring healthcare specialist.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

Submitted June 11, 2016

I think Dr. Gruber has too much on her plate or psychiatry is not her forte. Multiple problems here...Makes hasty decisions, has preconceived notions, doesn't remember what medications she has you on and will ask you if you have ever been on a certain med that she has already prescribed for you, takes multiple phone calls to get a return call, loses faxes, a nightmare to get prescription refills. Have had more than one pharmacy say they have contacted her multiple times for refills with no response. She will make one diagnosis one time and then later down on the road change her mind and not even remember her first diagnosis or course of treatment. She is overly emotional and doesn't take the time to listen to you. My friend's doctor said she was "dangerous" and to "stay away from her". My therapist told me she is losing a lot of her clients to another local psychiatric NP. She is nice enough lady, however she should listen to her patients a bit more, without getting brash and the emotional issue isn't something I want in a Psychiatrist.

Submitted June 8, 2016

Dr. Gruber is the answer to my prayers! She is truly the only doctor who could figure out what is wrong with me after 20 years of failed treatments. I am thankful for her knowledge of supplements and alternative treatments instead of classic pill pusher attitudes. Her staff is always amazing at keeping me informed about appointments and payments when they are due. She is the best psych provider in the Rogue Valley and we are truly lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr. Gruber went above and beyond to help my son with no promise of payment. She referred him to another doctor who she felt would provide the information needed to determine what was going on, at which point she made herself available if and when my son needed her expertise. I am so grateful for her insight.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

Joann Gruber is an amazing psychiatric nurse practitioner who is not only well versed and updated on her knowledge of mental health, but is a compassionate, caring person who goes above and beyond for her patients, regardless of the day or time they are in need. She takes the time to get to know her patients and truly understand their needs, as well as discover the best course of action to help improve their quality of life. I highly recommend her as she is an asset to not only the mental health field but the Rogue Valley community!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2016

I was a patient of Joann's this time last year. I worked with her office specifically because of my insurance and their recommendation. I originally only met with her so i could work with a therapist, Megan, who was fantastic and one of my favorite therapists in my many young years of counseling. I went to see Megan once a week from the end of my winter term at SOU to then end of the school year at Spring. There were a few appointments that were cancelled on the part of their office, which never bothered me, but seemed unprofessional. In my first meeting with Joann, she listened to me a little before suggesting that i do a gene test. I was worried since it was pricey, but she assured me it was fine. A month went by before i got my results, which were the exact same as what i always knew...so money gone... and then she finally prescribed me towards the end of my time there Vyvanse, however, when i went to fill the prescription, i found my insurance would not accept this medication. I asked how much i would have to pay out of pocket and the price was huge. I spent two hours at right aid trying to contact her and ended up leaving with an allergy medication she prescribed for anxiety and no medication for my ADHD. I never understood why she would prescribe me something she knew my insurance wouldn't allow since i emphasized how important it was that my medication follow those guidelines. None of this bothered me too much until just now, today I had gone to my campus doctor to get back on medication, since almost a year later and i still have no medication because i haven't had the time to wait the 2 months Joann's wait list requires to see her. They wanted my gene test to look at before i got prescribed Adderall again. The doctor was already being leinient by accepting that form. I signed the paper allowing her to contact Joann. About 30 mins ago I received a call from Joann, i couldn't answer it fast enough so she called my mother instead. When my mother called me back, she told me Joann was refusing to give out my test since I have an outstanding fee of $300 + for my 18 visits. I owe this money since her billing office neglected to send out my bills all year until june. Instead of managable bills over time it all came at once due to HER error. My parents were disputing this bill since it was unreasonable and Joann went on to comment that i had been an excessive client. I will say with complete honesty, i do have problems, but i went only to the appointments recommended, a few of which were cancelled. I often had to wait for other patients to get out of their appointments, which ran into mine, and a few who walked in and had long conversations with my doctors. I never complained however because i thought if i ever needed this support I would receive it. It is now clear to me that Joann had no interest in me as a patient and only saw me as an ignorant child she could get money from. A genetic test was a waste of my money as well since it has never served its purpose since she never actually prescribed me medication i could receive from it and is now refusing to relinquish it to my current doctor. What did i spend my money on?! I only had maybe 3 appointments with her alone and i feel disrespected and like i was thrown away as soon as i couldn't be of use. Will not be seeing her again.

Submitted February 15, 2016

A nightmare . Outside of the genetic test , it was an exercise on how not treat ones patients. Refused to prescribe adderall xr saying my insurance doesn't (it does. I verified), and Vyvanse, Vyvanse, Vyvanse. Why? It sucks but she kept pushing. She is sloppy, arrogant, unprofessional, and is more concerned about personal agenda. Avoid this woman like the plague.

Submitted February 7, 2015

She ordered a $5k genetic test that showed that what I had been taking for many years was not the right choice for me. Then after a few visits asked if I had ever taken that same med!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015