Ratings for Dr. Steven R. Beanes

Dr. Beanes nearly operated on my for a condition that I didn't even have. When it comes to surgery, always get a second opinion from a specialist. Even highly credentialed and trained doctors are sometimes flat-out wrong.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Perfect Doctor! Takes time and has great knowledge! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr Beanes was great! I interviewed a couple docs before my hernia surgery and had the most confidence in Dr Beanes. I liked that he sat down and spent the most time with me before hand explaining everything and answering questions. Very personable and confident which gave me confidence. Originally appointment was supposed to be for 1 month out but then before I even left the office, they gave me a canceled spot the very next week! Amazing!! When surgery time came, everything went very smooth. In and out ahead of schedule. I was off my feet for a few days and followed protocol with not too much discomfort. It's been 6 weeks or so since surgery and I'm in no pain. Resumed a full gym routine with no restrictions at 4 weeks. The scars are so tiny you can barely see, not red or raised at all. Large one (1 inch) blends in with the natural fold in my skin and is barely noticeable. I would recommend Dr Beanes for any hernia surgery would be my choice for any general surgery needed. 5 stars!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2013

Worst doctor ever. Botched my surgery and had to have another doctor clean up his mess...

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

I went to Beanes for an inguinal hernia repair. Hours after the operation I repeatedly reported and went back to him for pain and abnormal function of my testicle. I was IGNORED. It later cost me a testicle due to his inactions. AVOID THIS "DOCTOR!" His ego is too big to care.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2012

Great, friendly staff. Clean and organized surgery center. Dr. Beanes has a great bedside manner, friendly and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I was impressed with Dr. Steven R. Beans for per op hernia surgery. It was the post op care I was not impressed with. I made four visits with in one year after surgery and told him I was in pain and Dr. Beans did nothing to help with my pain. I explained to him what I was going thru and one year later Dr. Beans told me I would have good days and bad days. His reply to me was always, the mesh was causing the problem. I felt and new Dr. Beans did not want to work with me and my post op problems so I went to a pain specialist and was diagnosed with nerve damage from the surgery. Was give medication and started to heal. Why Dr. Beans could not have done the same for me is a mystery. In my opinion, I would not us or seek medical attention from Dr. Steve Beanes again. As of writing this 4/25/2011, I am now 16 months post op and two month with my pain specialist who has done and excellent job assisting in my healing

flag | Submitted April 25, 2011

Very thorough, knowledgable and caring professional. Highly recommend him for surgery and follow up. Easy to ask questions and a meticulous surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2007

Puntual, thorough and competant. Completely painless surgery and recovery. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2006

I was very satisfied with Dr. Beanes skill and professionalism. In addition, I never he rushed during my appts. and he answered all my questions. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2006

Dr. Steven R. Beanes's Credentials

• Cooper Medical College (Grad. 1997)