Ratings for Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

I still have nightmares about my time with him at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh. I did not have any success with Hecht, not even a late period. He made me feel inadequate with every failed cycle. He did not offer an additional insight or plans to help me conceive. He just pumped me with the same drugs and did IUIs. He was never friendly to me and I get the sense that he prefers those who bring husbands with them and are dressed business professional for their appointments. I think we are all dollar signs to him and if you don't look the part of money, he doesn't care. Meanwhile, the staff at the Jones Institute were great and always answered all my questions!

Submitted May 8, 2017

We are incredibly grateful to have been treated by Dr. Hecht! We tried another doctor previously and felt forced into IVF which did not end up working. We had also previously tried cycles of Clomid as well without success. We had been trying to conceive for 3 years and 2 months when we began seeing Dr. Hecht, after only 2 months of treatment we were pregnant! I am currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and very happy! Dr. Hecht was always up front and honest with our options and was always optimistic. I appreciate that he was up front about any issues we may encounter and he listened and addressed all of my concerns and questions!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

My husband and I will be forever grateful Dr. Hecht. I was a patient at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh prior to his arrival and we had little to no progress in our treatment until he arrived. He provided us with ideas and options to try and conceive in the simplest and least expensive way possible. Once we exhausted all of those options, unfortunately we did need to move onto IVF, but trust me, he worked with us to try EVERYTHING we could to avoid this. We had quite a long journey with Dr.Hecht, and I am so happy to say that after about a year of medicated cycles, we finally had our success. He was with us every step of the way…. he was our physician first, but also showed us so much empathy and compassion during the difficult times. My husband and I appreciated his ‘hugs, high fives and humor’. Additionally, he was always open to the suggestions we brought to the table to enhance and personalize our treatment. And I will just say, his clinical skills when doing a pelvic exam or an IUI are excellent. I have had other OBGYNs who were HORRIBLE in this area, but there were times when I didn’t even feel him insert the speculum. This is truly a skill! Overall, we loved Dr. Hecht and are so sad that he moved back to Ohio. In full transparency though, I have had friends that have seen Dr.Hecht and were turned off by his sense of humor and candidness. While I can understand their feelings, for my husband and I, this is exactly what we needed. We have always been an open book about our situation and truly valued having a doctor who could be just as open with us. Infertility is a personal struggle. Find a doctor that fits your personality and lifestyle. We saw 3 different REs before Dr.Hecht and we knew with certainty that he was the best fit for us. Who knows, maybe for baby #2, we’ll make the two hour journey down the turnpike so we can work with him again :)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Hecht is a great doctor and from the first day of meeting him I had full faith and his confidence and positive attitude proved very helpful during my nervous times. His staff nurse Melinda also is very compassionate towards the patients and she and Dr. Hecht understands what a person goes through trying to concieve. He was there every step of the way for me and I am very greatful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

My husband and I started with Dr.hecht while he was in Pgh @ the jones institute in late 2015 and started actual treatments in 2016. He made a promise to us before he left that we were on the correct track and I would be pregnant before my next birthday in April of 2017, we found out on November 25th that we were pregnant. That man kept his promise to us and for that, I will forever be greatful. #23 weeks and counting . Thank you Dr. Hecht

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I came to Dr. Hetch after being diagnosed with breast Cancer and trying to concieved for 6 years. I started treatment with Dr. Hetch in January 2017 and found out we were pregnant on March 2017! Dr. Hetch and Melinda have been awesome with me and my husband they took good care of me and I love how even though the infertility road is a hard one to be on he makes sure to make you feel good with his humor. Thank you Dr. Hetch and Melinda!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Bryan Hecht is excellent doctor. Very professional and with good sense of humor. After long time trying to conceive we came to Dr. Hecht. Thanks to him we are now are pregnant and very happy. I would recommend Dr. Hecht to everyone who needs help in conceiving.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

Dr. Hecht is "smooth" with the ultrasounds. I love him already.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I've followed Dr Hecht to every location he's ever been. He is absolutely the best doctor for infertile couples. His sensitivity and great bedside manner in general are so valuable and also rare to find!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr. Hecht was wonderful in the time that we had with him at the Jones Institute. While we are still trying to conceive we were confident in the plan that he had us on while he was working in Pittsburgh. He was approachable even if his humor was a bit much at times.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Dr. Bryan R. Hecht's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Miscarriage