Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

I was very happy with Dr.Hecht and his staff. They were always very positive. It's not an easy thing to go through and he made me feel very relaxed. They were very quick with getting test results back to you, which I think is very important when your going through these tests. I would def. recommend Dr. Hecht and his staff at Metro. I was very pleased!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

He certainly wasn't Dr. Wonderful in our opinion. At the consultation, his demeanor instantly changed when we told him we would be paying out-of-pocket. He must have assumed we didn't have the funds due to our appearance. He was negative and not encouraging. He said he didn't know what our problem was. When we went to a new doctor and our files were looked over, the first thing that doctor said was that there was a sperm quality issue. Certainly he was aware of this and we have no idea why he said everything was great in that area.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

My husband and I can not say enough good things about Dr. Hecht and his team. Coming into this is hard enough but his light and fun personality makes you feel comfortable immediately. After the first consultation I left feeling so relaxed and confident I found someone who is really going to listen and help. His nurse Melinda is wonderful as well. Anytime I would call with a question I ALWAYS got a call back that day if not right away! The whole process with this office was very relaxed and as easy on my emotions as possible. And now we are happy to say we are expecting twins! You will be treated like your the only patient he has and that makes a huge difference....Thank you Dr. Hecht and staff your all so wonderful!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Hecht to anyone who needs help with fertility. He is very knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable in a very difficult time. When we did conceive he was so genuinely happy for us it made me cry. We have only positive things to say about Dr. Hecht to everyone we talk to. We are so grateful that he decided to come to Cleveland and practice at MetroHealth.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I still have nightmares about my time with him at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh. I did not have any success with Hecht, not even a late period. He made me feel inadequate with every failed cycle. He did not offer an additional insight or plans to help me conceive. He just pumped me with the same drugs and did IUIs. He was never friendly to me and I get the sense that he prefers those who bring husbands with them and are dressed business professional for their appointments. I think we are all dollar signs to him and if you don't look the part of money, he doesn't care. Meanwhile, the staff at the Jones Institute were great and always answered all my questions!

Submitted May 8, 2017

We are incredibly grateful to have been treated by Dr. Hecht! We tried another doctor previously and felt forced into IVF which did not end up working. We had also previously tried cycles of Clomid as well without success. We had been trying to conceive for 3 years and 2 months when we began seeing Dr. Hecht, after only 2 months of treatment we were pregnant! I am currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and very happy! Dr. Hecht was always up front and honest with our options and was always optimistic. I appreciate that he was up front about any issues we may encounter and he listened and addressed all of my concerns and questions!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

My husband and I will be forever grateful Dr. Hecht. I was a patient at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh prior to his arrival and we had little to no progress in our treatment until he arrived. He provided us with ideas and options to try and conceive in the simplest and least expensive way possible. Once we exhausted all of those options, unfortunately we did need to move onto IVF, but trust me, he worked with us to try EVERYTHING we could to avoid this. We had quite a long journey with Dr.Hecht, and I am so happy to say that after about a year of medicated cycles, we finally had our success. He was with us every step of the way…. he was our physician first, but also showed us so much empathy and compassion during the difficult times. My husband and I appreciated his ‘hugs, high fives and humor’. Additionally, he was always open to the suggestions we brought to the table to enhance and personalize our treatment. And I will just say, his clinical skills when doing a pelvic exam or an IUI are excellent. I have had other OBGYNs who were HORRIBLE in this area, but there were times when I didn’t even feel him insert the speculum. This is truly a skill! Overall, we loved Dr. Hecht and are so sad that he moved back to Ohio. In full transparency though, I have had friends that have seen Dr.Hecht and were turned off by his sense of humor and candidness. While I can understand their feelings, for my husband and I, this is exactly what we needed. We have always been an open book about our situation and truly valued having a doctor who could be just as open with us. Infertility is a personal struggle. Find a doctor that fits your personality and lifestyle. We saw 3 different REs before Dr.Hecht and we knew with certainty that he was the best fit for us. Who knows, maybe for baby #2, we’ll make the two hour journey down the turnpike so we can work with him again :)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Hecht is a great doctor and from the first day of meeting him I had full faith and his confidence and positive attitude proved very helpful during my nervous times. His staff nurse Melinda also is very compassionate towards the patients and she and Dr. Hecht understands what a person goes through trying to concieve. He was there every step of the way for me and I am very greatful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

My husband and I started with Dr.hecht while he was in Pgh @ the jones institute in late 2015 and started actual treatments in 2016. He made a promise to us before he left that we were on the correct track and I would be pregnant before my next birthday in April of 2017, we found out on November 25th that we were pregnant. That man kept his promise to us and for that, I will forever be greatful. #23 weeks and counting . Thank you Dr. Hecht

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I came to Dr. Hetch after being diagnosed with breast Cancer and trying to concieved for 6 years. I started treatment with Dr. Hetch in January 2017 and found out we were pregnant on March 2017! Dr. Hetch and Melinda have been awesome with me and my husband they took good care of me and I love how even though the infertility road is a hard one to be on he makes sure to make you feel good with his humor. Thank you Dr. Hetch and Melinda!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr. Bryan R. Hecht's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Miscarriage