Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Bryan R. Hecht

I have never came across a Dr so rude in my life,he made me feel like there is no hope at all,and he talked to me like I can't afford any procedures to the point he told me to have it done in nigeria where my husband is from because it will be cheaper.he didn't let me finish filling out my paperwork and when we were done talking he didn't even escort me back to the waiting area he yelled down the hall and told me to make a right.I would never recommend this man to anyone ! I'm even considering changing from Metro.

Submitted December 25, 2017

I was convinced for no real reason that I needed to see a specialist to see if there was anything medically preventing me from getting pregnant right away. Dr. Hecht may have thought I was crazy but he answered all my questions and did all the necessary tests. When he found something that could have been causing the delay he told me what my options were and the weekend before the appointment to schedule the appointments to get ready for the procedure I got pregnant. He has an uncle or dad's sense of humor and he's a great doctor. I'd recommend him to anyone who is looking for answers related to difficulty conceiving.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2017

I was very happy with Dr.Hecht and his staff. They were always very positive. It's not an easy thing to go through and he made me feel very relaxed. They were very quick with getting test results back to you, which I think is very important when your going through these tests. I would def. recommend Dr. Hecht and his staff at Metro. I was very pleased!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

He certainly wasn't Dr. Wonderful in our opinion. At the consultation, his demeanor instantly changed when we told him we would be paying out-of-pocket. He must have assumed we didn't have the funds due to our appearance. He was negative and not encouraging. He said he didn't know what our problem was. When we went to a new doctor and our files were looked over, the first thing that doctor said was that there was a sperm quality issue. Certainly he was aware of this and we have no idea why he said everything was great in that area.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

My husband and I can not say enough good things about Dr. Hecht and his team. Coming into this is hard enough but his light and fun personality makes you feel comfortable immediately. After the first consultation I left feeling so relaxed and confident I found someone who is really going to listen and help. His nurse Melinda is wonderful as well. Anytime I would call with a question I ALWAYS got a call back that day if not right away! The whole process with this office was very relaxed and as easy on my emotions as possible. And now we are happy to say we are expecting twins! You will be treated like your the only patient he has and that makes a huge difference....Thank you Dr. Hecht and staff your all so wonderful!

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Hecht to anyone who needs help with fertility. He is very knowledgeable and makes you feel comfortable in a very difficult time. When we did conceive he was so genuinely happy for us it made me cry. We have only positive things to say about Dr. Hecht to everyone we talk to. We are so grateful that he decided to come to Cleveland and practice at MetroHealth.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I still have nightmares about my time with him at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh. I did not have any success with Hecht, not even a late period. He made me feel inadequate with every failed cycle. He did not offer an additional insight or plans to help me conceive. He just pumped me with the same drugs and did IUIs. He was never friendly to me and I get the sense that he prefers those who bring husbands with them and are dressed business professional for their appointments. I think we are all dollar signs to him and if you don't look the part of money, he doesn't care. Meanwhile, the staff at the Jones Institute were great and always answered all my questions!

Submitted May 8, 2017

We are incredibly grateful to have been treated by Dr. Hecht! We tried another doctor previously and felt forced into IVF which did not end up working. We had also previously tried cycles of Clomid as well without success. We had been trying to conceive for 3 years and 2 months when we began seeing Dr. Hecht, after only 2 months of treatment we were pregnant! I am currently 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and very happy! Dr. Hecht was always up front and honest with our options and was always optimistic. I appreciate that he was up front about any issues we may encounter and he listened and addressed all of my concerns and questions!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

My husband and I will be forever grateful Dr. Hecht. I was a patient at the Jones Institute in Pittsburgh prior to his arrival and we had little to no progress in our treatment until he arrived. He provided us with ideas and options to try and conceive in the simplest and least expensive way possible. Once we exhausted all of those options, unfortunately we did need to move onto IVF, but trust me, he worked with us to try EVERYTHING we could to avoid this. We had quite a long journey with Dr.Hecht, and I am so happy to say that after about a year of medicated cycles, we finally had our success. He was with us every step of the way…. he was our physician first, but also showed us so much empathy and compassion during the difficult times. My husband and I appreciated his ‘hugs, high fives and humor’. Additionally, he was always open to the suggestions we brought to the table to enhance and personalize our treatment. And I will just say, his clinical skills when doing a pelvic exam or an IUI are excellent. I have had other OBGYNs who were HORRIBLE in this area, but there were times when I didn’t even feel him insert the speculum. This is truly a skill! Overall, we loved Dr. Hecht and are so sad that he moved back to Ohio. In full transparency though, I have had friends that have seen Dr.Hecht and were turned off by his sense of humor and candidness. While I can understand their feelings, for my husband and I, this is exactly what we needed. We have always been an open book about our situation and truly valued having a doctor who could be just as open with us. Infertility is a personal struggle. Find a doctor that fits your personality and lifestyle. We saw 3 different REs before Dr.Hecht and we knew with certainty that he was the best fit for us. Who knows, maybe for baby #2, we’ll make the two hour journey down the turnpike so we can work with him again :)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Hecht is a great doctor and from the first day of meeting him I had full faith and his confidence and positive attitude proved very helpful during my nervous times. His staff nurse Melinda also is very compassionate towards the patients and she and Dr. Hecht understands what a person goes through trying to concieve. He was there every step of the way for me and I am very greatful to him and his staff.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Bryan R. Hecht's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding)
  • Miscarriage