Ratings for Dr. Fausto R. Prato

I went to Dr. Prato for a extraction of a tooth and and one added to my bottom pratial . Dr. Fausto Prato did an unnecssary root canal, nothing was wrong with the tooth. Varified by a specialist he sent me to. Broke off the back half of my tooth. Then he told me the tooth wasn't going to last anyway. Then why you do do a root canal I asked. No answer. Then he told me I would need a crown, on the tooth he said needed just a root canal. More money. Also he did a reline on my top plate ruining it. He tried ti fix the problem, the lab said they could but out of frustration he gave up. It is no longer wareable. That's not the worst part. Dr. Prato drpped the drill on my face leaving a large scar under my bottom lip. It was bruised and swollen. I had to put ice on it for a few days. His sectary was mortified when she seen on my way out. I haden't seen how bad it was until I got home. I did not realize how bad it was because I was still numb from the nonocaine. That's not the worst part either. When I mentioned it to him later. He said he denied dropping the drill on my face. His words I did not. So either he lied or worse, really didn't remember. He reshaped my teeth with resin the two he did the resin is crumbling off the third he never even touched. When I mentioned him not finishing the resin he said he did not charge me. Sarcastically saying I got a freebee. But I was charged $212.00 per tooth. This has cost me more than money. After making mistake after mistake he kept asking what did you come here for. I simply stated, I came here to have one tooth pulled and added to my partial.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015