Ratings for Dr. Stephen G. Savage

Dr. Savage is in need of continuing education in the area of NaPro Technology and the Creighton Model. I suffered through two miscarriages under the care of Dr. Savage and found him to have very poor bedside manner and follow-up. Despite several inquiries regarding progesterone supplementation during my second pregnancy, he told me there was no way to chart a pregnant woman's progesterone levels as everyone is different. This is untrue. NaPro Technology provides OBGYNs with a very clear diagram of where a pregnant woman's progesterone levels should be throughout pregnancy. Introductory information can be found at http://www.fertilitycare.org/progesterone-support-in-pregna/. I know several individuals who have suffered the heartbreak of recurrent miscarriages under the care of Dr. Savage and highly suggest they find another OB and that Dr. Savage demonstrate a commitment to excellence through continuing education.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

I went to Dr. Savage with problems related to heavy bleeding. My family practitioner thought it was due to menopause, but wanted to be sure as it had gone on for years. I am inmy early 50's. Dr. S did some thorough exams in addition to some routine tests and quickly found that II was in the very early stages of uterine cancer. He called me personally to give me the news, reassured me through the subsequent hysterectomy, and has been a wonderful listener and calm voice throughout. Some people might be uncomfortable with his laid back manner or his occassional tardiness - see earlier comments - but I think he is wonderful!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

I have gone to Dr Savage for three pregnancies. I would recommend him to my closest friends/family because of the quality of his care. I also went through a miscarriage. I was alone at the appointment, because I had expected it to be a normal checkup. I wouldn't want to have had anyone else break the news to me. Occassionally he was late. I wouldn't want to go to an OBGYN that is always on time. If someone has complications or is having a baby, he has to go to them first. One time he was late, it turned out it was to sneak in my girlfriend who was having complications with her pregnancy. Nothing like that to put it in perspective.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

I have nothing but the utmost respect and affection for Dr Savage. He is a very good listener and took very good care of me during both my pregnancies. Both he and Nurse Jan were very compassionate and explained medical procedures well during my second pregnancy, which had some complications. They definitely put my mind at ease. He is scheduled very heavily, so at times I do have to wait, but I wouldn't go to anyone else!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

I have been going to Dr savage for 24 yrs and He is fabulous. He found my cervical cancer and did a vaginal hyterectomy and kept my overies. He saved my life. that was almost 20 yrs ago. he makes you feel comforable at a visit. before and after your exam he will sit down and ask you if you have any questions for him. I once had like 10 questions and he never once rushed the appointment he took the time to answer everything to my satisfaction. and still asked if there was anything else I had concerns about.... I love that about him.. gives you piece of mind and makes it easy to ask the embarrassing questions... I recommend him to all my friends..

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

Dr. Savage and his staff were unwilling and unable to help me and my husband. We suffered a miscarriage and 3 long years of "unexplained" infertility. Several frustrating visits, procedures, and expenses later, I finally found a new doctor that immediately diagnosed me with endometriosis (very common and I described the classis symptoms and family history to him repeated times) and polycystic ovaries (very common and described to him as well, along with family history). My new doctor prescribed Metformin and performed laser surgery. I was pregnant 1 month later and had a very healthy baby. Without switching doctors we would never have experienced the joy of having a child. I feel that Dr. Savage should have been able to properly diagnose me and help instead of shoving me into the fertility program unnecessarily.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

I have gone through 2 pregnancies with Dr. Savage and love him!! He is extremely helpful, patient and has always made me feel that my care is important to him. He is very cautious and conservative and would like to see you deliver on your own without interference unless necessary. His staff is great and treat you like and old friend. I have had to wait or reschedule an appt on occasion, but I expect that with an OB dr. They do offer to let you see another dr, if one is available. Wouldn't trade Dr. Savage!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Savage and his nurse, Jan. I had called a few times during my pregnancy with questions and they were nothing but helpful. Once Jan was out for lunch, so I left a message and she called back within an hour. Dr. Savage is a pretty mellow, laid back doctor, which often put me at ease. Towards the end of my pregnancy my stomach was measuring a bit small, so he did a couple extra ultra sounds to ensure that everything was fine with my baby, but he didn't freak out or make it seem like something was wrong. He was always very kind and caring. Once I was in labor he came and checked on me several times to monitor my progress. When the time came, he was there to encourage me and he made sure that everything went perfect. I now have a beautiful baby girl and will definitely go back to Dr. Savage for any future pregnancies.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I feel that Dr. Savage or his nurse Jan didn’t care about me as a patient. I called his office shortly before my first dr appt. complaining of extreme vomiting. I was basically told if I couldn’t keep food down, then don’t eat. A few weeks after one of my appts I called because I started to bleed, and had slight cramping, I felt like I was blown off and a pain for wanting to make an appointment to come into the office. I was told, there is still a heart beat, so everything is fine, and even if it wasn’t, there isn’t anything he could do for me (that statement is true, but it doesn’t put a first time mother at ease). Needless to say a few weeks later I miscarried. I know it was not his fault, but he could have been more compassionate and caring. I just feel he didn’t care about me, and I was a bother to him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Stephen G. Savage's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 53226 (Grad. 1980)