Ratings for Dr. EMILY C. McPhillips

Had an annual exam and just mentioned menopause along in conversation and was double billed I did complain and still had to pay for co payments Just seems to want to get to the next patient move you along not interested in you as a person.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. McPhillips for nearly 17 years. When I was young I didn't have many issues. As I got older and began experiencing medical issues she was dead wrong. She does NOT listen to her patients nor does she take the time to explain things. She has a wait and see approach on 75% of my medical stuff. She was dead wrong on my gallbladder issues and I suffered several months until I landed in the ER to have it removed with over 50+ gallstones. I had been to her two weeks in a row complaining of a sinus infection of which she said I did not have nor were the symptoms sinus related. One day later, I went to my ENT and was diagnosed with a severe case of sinusitis and put on an antibiotic for 3 weeks. I later had a follow up with my ENT after the infection cleared and he suggested I get a CT Scan. Results came back, I've had sinusitis for years and she neglected me as a patient. After discussing my issues with others, come to find out they have the same doctor and run into the exact same issues. I have no clue how she is still practicing. She is by far a terrible doctor. I have to agree with the review below me, she is 100% rude and condescending. I wish her well, but I am finally out of that practice and happy to report that the BI Waltham location is superb.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

I've seen Dr.McPhillips several times for different issues, none of which she helped. One time, she said she really didn't know what the problem was, and sent me home saying we would "wait and see". It's hard to believe that anyone has had a positive experience with her - in my appointments, she has been rude and condescending. Perhaps she used to be a good doctor, but now she strikes me as someone who hates her job.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2014

Dr. McPhillips has been my PCP for the last 14 years, and I feel very lucky to have her as my doctor. She is an excellent diagnostician,and has always treated me judiciously, is no-nonsense about what is needed to improve my situation. While she is certainly rushed on occasion, that has much more to do with her Px load and the constraints on time with Px imposed by insurers than her own preference for the time she (and every other doc) would like to spend with their patients. However, I feel that she (rightly) believes that your maintaining health is a two-way street, so if you need to be coddled and don't take responsibility for your own health, she may not be the Dr. for you.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I have been a pt of hers for four years and have recently had some problems. She is right on target with the tests that need to be ordered. I appreciate the care and time she has given me.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Seems dedicated. Seems to care. Although she spends adequate time on appts., seems a bit rushed. I appreciate that she works full time. Answers emails and calls back quickly.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr. McPhillips was my primary care doctor for approximately ten, healthy years, when I had no cause to question her medical skills. It was not until I had a somewhat serious -- but hardly obscure -- diagnosis (picked up by another doc) that I learned how little accurate medical or personal information she had about me. It became very apparent that her listening skills are extremely poor. I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2008

Dr McPhillips is very indifferent. I came to her several times with pain and got no diagnosis, no course of action and no resolution. I insisted on specific tests and eventually MRI. She reluctantly greed to send me to MRI and eventually I found another doctor based on someone else's pointer that correctly identified the issue and helped me. I am very disappointed to meet doctors like her.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

She has been right on every diagnosis and treatment for me. She is a very hard-working, dedicated, knowlegeable, no-nonsense compassionate doctor who listens to her patient. I am very lucky to be her patient for the past 10 years.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2008

Very curt but thorough. Will call for further testing for conclusive diagnosis available for emergency Doesn't attend to hospital admissions only sees office patient visit

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Dr. EMILY C. McPhillips's Credentials

• Boston University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)