Ratings for Dr. Sun O. Suk

She is the worst DDS. I visited her office for a general cleaning and she stated that I needed braces. Her workers stated and recommended me to have her treat me for orthodontia as they stated that she has 28+ years of experience practicing orthodontia. I decided to go forward with ortho. treatment with her. In a year and half, I found out that she is not licensed to practice ortho. and ruined my teeth completely. She extracted good 4 premolars and did not correct my crossbite and teeth aliegnment. Not only this but do to the pressure of force she caused on my teeth to move resulted to short roots. Before starting braces I had perfectly normal long roots in which I have x-rays that testifies my argument. I consulted with 2 orthodonist-licensed and confirmed that she did not do a good work as a result of malpractice. I was then referred to a periodontist for my short roots and bad alignment. I found out that I need to get braces again in order to correct my bite however, I now have the risk of potentially loosing my front 4 teeth which are the ones with short roots. This has been the worst experience in my life as I can not get my roots back to normal and have potential future issues due to her malpractice and negligence. She took X-rays before and never informed me of the short roots until I got a second opinion. When I had concerns she would dismiss me and not communicate with me. In addition, my treatment was for 2 years when I was going for a year she started forcing me to pay her 5000 dollars soon long before completing the 2 years. I am now looking in filing a court order against her for malpractice, reporting her to Northern Virginia Dental Society, and getting my money back in order to get braces again to finally correcting my bite which would have been taken care of on the first place. Please stay away as she does not care for her patients and only wants to collect your money.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014