Ratings for Dr. Allan D. Levi

I trusted this Dr to do a fusion surgery, ppl were saying he was good but my instinct told me otherwise and my post- surgery proved my instinct right. No communication at all before, day of, or after. I was just hoping that maybe his communication skills is not all that good but he's good at what he does. 15 months later still in the same pain plus more. Now starting to see different Dr's again being suggested to try injections again. Highly pissed off because doing a surgery was suppose to be last resort. Waisted time, loss of income continually paying all these deductibles to see other Dr's, x-rays, CT's and MRI's. Had to research on my own, during my visits he will just sit there like we we're in a stare down match. Now other ppl that's familiar with him is telling I shouldn't have went to him, to late. I wish the best of luck to anyone else that is going to try him because I don't wish this on no one else. Many Blessings!!! oh BTW mines was on my L5-S1 (fusion) and they went through my stomach area.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr Allan Levi performed a neck fusion and Cervical spine sugery 8 years ago. I had spent months in hospitals from one hospital to another and no other Dr was able to find and solve what the problem was. Dr Levi and his Team took over and 8 years later I am still so grateful that Dr Levi literally saved my life. I am know 8 years later still recommending him and his team. I will forever be grateful! THANK YOU DR LEVI

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Does not return calls. Having problems after surgery and some questions.

Submitted June 29, 2016

had spinal fusion L5-S1 4 years back due to disk degeneration. i was in strong pain several years and could no longer perform some basic tasks like bending and lifting. As soon as I woke up from the surgery I felt something was different. My pain was gone. I mean GONE. The dr did not have it easy: turns out that my bones are fragile and could not implant the 4 screws, 2 rods we had planned but only 2 (1 rod) on one side. It held beautifully and I feel I got my life back. Could not be more thankful. The staff to include the excellent nurse practicioner Arlene Barett is firt class. Typically spine surgery need revisions over the years and while I hope to skip that I know I can rely on a great medical team in case I need to. Thanks Dr. Levi and Arlene!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

He is the best. I had an infection that destroyed my L4-L5 and Dr. Levi put all back together. I can walk today because of him. I can workout because of him. Highly recommend and going back to him for another surgery.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Knows his business ! Life saving surgeon.... Highly skilled and feel safe in his hands !!!!! He's saving my life one day at a time as I recover .... Eternally grateful

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I found out I had a rare condition after having my son of a Chiari Malformation with a Syrinx. It came on rapidly and within two months I needed surgery. The neurosurgeon in my area did not feel comfortable touching me due to my Sryinx and referred me down the Dr Levi. I spent weeks placing phone calls back and forth with his office and never speaking with him. I sent down pictures of my MRIs and he stated that I was a surgical canidate. I set up my surgery date about 2 months after finding out and living in excruitating pain and depression. I met him in his office and had surgery the following week. He was by my side as the wheeled me into surgery when I "blacked out" but I only stayed in the hospital for 3 days. Since my surgery everything appears normal except the occasional headache. I have my life back again thanks to Dr Levi and I am internally grateful. The post op appt he was late but he stayed to discuss every concern with me.Without him I may not be able to hold my son today

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

Dr. Levy was God sent. I was referred to him by a local radiologist due to a dangerous T8 spine compression. I was in danger of paralysis any minute. He took me in that same day and met me at the Jackson Memorial ER with a reasonable wait time. I was escorted/expedited in the ER by their BUPA courier staff. BUPA helped me and my family with anything that we needed. Oh, the 6th floor West at Jackson (Spinal/Ortho floor) was 2nd to none as far as care. The nurses there (who were mostly Filipinos) were so compassionate. Shelly Garcia, Dr. Levy's nurse practitioner, was outstanding and so was his surgical team! Dr. Levy is perceived to be "cocky" the first time you meet him. He is a man of few words and very "matter of fact".....but I must attest though - that he is damn good neurosurgeon and he knows it! Thank you Dr. Levy from the bottom of my heart. May the Lord allow you to continue to help heal others - for decades more. (From a grateful patient - Maria Abreu).

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

My local neurologist sent me to Dr Levi in miami after an MRI revealed a large mass (tumor) on my spinal cord. Dr Levi promptly scheduled surgery and two weeks later Dr Levi and his team performed an 18 hour operation to remove a nearly 5 lb growth from my spinal cord. I can't say enough about the high level of care Dr Levi and his staff provide. You can be assured you will get the best medical care from a very knowledgable and caring man. I'm still recovering but I feel I'm better than before with less pain, no more shots of intense pain from my back to my legs, thanks dr Levi.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

I went to consult with Dr. Levi, because I was experiencing crippling bi-lateral sciatica. The x-rays showed I had 2 herniated discs/ L-5, S-1, Spodelothesis Grade 2 causing stenosis, and in my body's attempt to compensate I had severe Scoliosis. I was operated on by Dr. Levi and two weeks later I was walking 4-miles a day... totally pain-free!

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

Dr. Allan D. Levi's Credentials

• Univ Of Ottawa, Fac Of Med, Ottawa, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1986)